Home health care providers are at high risk from injury as they care for their clients and loved ones. Get the facts about injury rates and risk factors in home...
Learn about the Family and Medical Leave Act. 1) Learn the history 2) Who is covered under the FMLA 3) Know the employee's responsibilities 4) Recognize the employer's rights 5)...
Renita Smith treats the children on her school bus as though they were her own. So when she smelled smoke, she led all 20 children off the bus away from...
AFSCME members share why we are proud of the work we do and why we Never Quit.
- Feb 09 Tom Price Is Bad for Your Health The man President Trump chose to oversee our nation’s health care system, Tom Price, believes tax cuts for the wealthy are more important than health and retirement security for working families. (Blog)
- Jan 27 Trump’s Pick for Education Secretary Deserves an ‘F’ in Education Secretary of Education nominee Betsy DeVos has no serious qualifications for that job and supports privatization of education. We say ‘no’ to DeVos. (Blog)
- Jan 20 March This Weekend, Organize for the Next Four Years In response to the swearing-in of the new president, thousands upon thousands of Americans are flocking to the nation’s capital to give voice to their views and their values. (Blog)
- Jan 04 Congress Poised to Act Against Working Families Worried about the new Congress? You should be. Congressional leaders have working families in their sights, and we all need to be prepared to fight back. (Blog)
- Dec 29 What Will You Toast to as You Bid Goodbye to 2016? If you’re looking for something to toast to this New Year’s Eve, think of the everyday heroes who make your communities stronger, healthier and safer. (Blog)
- Dec 21 UNITE HERE, 2 Trump Hotels Announce Agreements Victory! UNITE HERE has reached agreements with Trump Hotels in Las Vegas and Washington, DC, after going to the mat with AFSCME’s backing. (Blog)
- Dec 20 15 Million + Reasons to be Grateful This Holiday Season. You’ll Be Surprised! Let’s remember the retail workers this holiday season. They’re out there for you when they could be home with their families. (Blog)
- Dec 10 Human Rights Day – Dec. 10 – It’s Everyone’s Day Today, Dec. 10, is Human Rights Day. Stand up for someone’s rights today and take the pledge. (Blog)
- Dec 09 Trump’s Labor Pick May Try to Silence Workers’ Voices. We Won’t Let Him The career of Andrew Puzder, Donald Trump’s pick to head the Labor Department, has been a long sequence of greedy decisions that repeatedly put profits over workers. (Blog)
- Nov 30 What Do We Want? $15! When Do We Want It? Now! Thousands rally for fair wages. (Blog)
- Nov 18 California Nurses to Strike 3 Days This Month to Improve Patient Care Sharp Healthcare nurses authorize a strike. (Blog)
- Nov 17 Insomniac Games Is Sleeping on New Contract Video game actors deserve a fair contract and safe working conditions. (Blog)
- Apr 26 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Sec. Hillary Clinton’s Victories in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Connecticut
- Apr 06 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders Applauds Department of Labor Fiduciary Rule
- Mar 16 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on President Obama’s Nomination of Merrick Garland for the U.S. Supreme Court
- Mar 16 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Hillary Clinton’s Victories in Florida, Ohio, Illinois, and North Carolina
- Mar 02 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Sec. Hillary Clinton’s Resounding Super Tuesday Victory
- Feb 22 Women Step Up to Make Change Happen for Hillary Clinton Women in our union are rising to enthusiastically support a candidate for president who is... (Huffington Post)