On Wednesday May 29th, AFSCME's Vermont Homecare United made history, filing for the largest union election in Vermont history.
Whether it's the closing of centers that care for the most vulnerable or cuts to Medicare and Social Security, our nation's nurses aren't putting up with proposed reductions in our...
The fact is, this spending vs. taxes debate is largely meaningless. Watch our explainer video to learn about corporate tax breaks, the U.S. Government's secret subsidy program that some in...
Concerned about the quality of patient care and fair treatment on the job, University of California Patient Care Technical Workers -- members of AFSCME Local 3299 --overwhelmingly voted this week...
- Jul 19 The Detroit Bankruptcy Filing A bankruptcy would result in profound hardship for workers, retirees and their families. (Blog)
- Jul 18 We’re Crashing ALEC’s party – Come Join Us! Corporate-backed American Exchange Council opens Virginia HQ (Blog)
- Jul 17 Lawsuit Filed to Keep Detroit Out of Bankruptcy Public service workers ask court to rule Michigan’s Emergency Manager law violates the state’s constitution. (Blog)
- Jul 14 AFSCME President, Next Wavers Determined to Seek Justice for Trayvon Just hours after the verdict was handed down, a call for justice for Trayvon Martin. (Blog)
- Jul 13 Next Wave Takes Over EM Office in Detroit Hundreds of AFSCME activists flood the office of Detroit’s Emergency Manager, clad in nerd gear. (Blog)
- Jul 12 Immigration Advocates to House Republicans: Remember November Rallies urge House to pass immigration overhaul, or pay the price at the ballot box. (Blog)
- Jul 11 Ohio AFSCME Leader Speaks Up Against Budget Cuts State budget includes tax cuts for the wealthy while slashing funding for public services. (Blog)
- Jul 10 Vermont Homecare Providers Are Building a Union with AFSCME Homecare providers tell why they support AFSCME Vermont Homecare United. (Blog)
- Jul 10 AFSCME Council 24 Members Fought Massive Wisconsin Forest Fire May inferno sends members of Locals 1215 and 1218 into action. (Blog)
- Jul 03 Public Defenders Work in Indefensible Conditions, HBO Documentary Says The public-service lawyers are a key – yet underappreciated – part of the criminal justice system (Blog)
- Jul 03 When Bargaining Power Erodes, Good Jobs Disappear Black men have fewer ‘good jobs’ today than they did more than 30 years ago (Blog)
- Jul 02 Documentary Highlighting Sanitation Workers Now Available on DVD Trash Dance features the work of City of Austin Department of Solid Waste AFSCME members (Blog)
- Jul 03 Pennsylvania Extends Lottery Privatization Bid — Again A British firm is holding on while Attorney General Kathleen Kane waits for the state... (NACS)
- Jul 03 The privatization blues, or the 'looting of America' - Opinion If you want to know how school voucher programs turn out, you don't have to... (Chippewa Herald)
- Jul 03 The Secret to Cutting Government Waste: ...ask public employees for their ideas.
- Jul 02 Economic Policy Institute (EPI) launches new website on growing income inequality and how to fix it.
- Jun 27 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Senate Passage of Immigration Reform
- Jun 26 We Celebrate Today’s Victory But We Know There Is More Work to Be Done Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Landmark DOMA & Proposition 8 Decisions (Press Release)