Learn about the Family and Medical Leave Act. 1) Learn the history 2) Who is covered under the FMLA 3) Know the employee's responsibilities 4) Recognize the employer's rights 5)...
Renita Smith treats the children on her school bus as though they were her own. So when she smelled smoke, she led all 20 children off the bus away from...
AFSCME members share why we are proud of the work we do and why we Never Quit.
Rachel Cooper never quits. Cooking is her passion and as a cafeteria manager she nourishes the spirits, bodies and minds of the students at her school. Here's how they said...
- Nov 30 What Do We Want? $15! When Do We Want It? Now! Thousands rally for fair wages. (Blog)
- Nov 18 California Nurses to Strike 3 Days This Month to Improve Patient Care Sharp Healthcare nurses authorize a strike. (Blog)
- Nov 17 Insomniac Games Is Sleeping on New Contract Video game actors deserve a fair contract and safe working conditions. (Blog)
- Oct 24 All Talk: Trump Tower Filled with Foreign Goods The best way to make America great again is to invest in this country. (Blog)
- Oct 18 Council 31 Members’ Message for Rauner: Come Back to the Table Illinois Council 31 members are featured in an ad asking the governor to bargain with them. (Blog)
- Oct 13 Boycott Trump Protestors rally outside of Trump Old Post Office Hotel. (Blog)
- Sep 21 Your Vote: Protect Your Power The right to vote is the sacred cornerstone of our democracy. It is your voice. And your vote should be exercised unimpeded. (Blog)
- Sep 09 AFSCME Rallies with Mine Workers to Keep the Promise AFSCME stood in solidarity with thousands of coal miners to demand that Congress approve legislation to secure their retiree healthcare and pension benefits. (Blog)
- Sep 08 Peeps Candy Workers Strike No pension? No Peeps! Peeps candy workers strike for retirement dignity. (Blog)
- Sep 06 All They Want is Respect – and a Fair Contract Washington’s governor has refused to offer the state’s workers a two-year contract that reflects the work they do. (Blog)
- Aug 30 When There’s a Drop in Union Jobs, All Workers Earn Less More union jobs means more money for everyone. (Blog)
- Aug 23 African American Women’s Equal Pay Day Is August 23 African-American women have to work nearly eight months – that’s 238 days into the next year, to earn as much as white, non-Hispanic men did in the previous year. (Blog)
- Mar 16 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on President Obama’s Nomination of Merrick Garland for the U.S. Supreme Court
- Mar 16 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Hillary Clinton’s Victories in Florida, Ohio, Illinois, and North Carolina
- Mar 02 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Sec. Hillary Clinton’s Resounding Super Tuesday Victory
- Feb 22 Women Step Up to Make Change Happen for Hillary Clinton Women in our union are rising to enthusiastically support a candidate for president who is... (Huffington Post)
- Feb 20 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Sec. Hillary Clinton’s Victory in the Nevada Caucus
- Feb 02 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Sec. Hillary Clinton’s Victory in the Iowa Caucus
- Oct 02 AFSCME Mourns Loss of Leader Marty Beil
- Jul 08 Supreme Court’s threat to gut unions is giving the labor movement new life Public sector unions haven’t been sitting passively by as the judicial juggernaut approaches. Rather, they’ve... (The Washington Post)
- Jun 03 Rikers Island Health Care Provider May Lose Deal With New York Corizon, a for-profit company with a three-year, $126 million contract to run the jails, has... (The New York Times)