On Wednesday May 29th, AFSCME's Vermont Homecare United made history, filing for the largest union election in Vermont history.
Whether it's the closing of centers that care for the most vulnerable or cuts to Medicare and Social Security, our nation's nurses aren't putting up with proposed reductions in our...
The fact is, this spending vs. taxes debate is largely meaningless. Watch our explainer video to learn about corporate tax breaks, the U.S. Government's secret subsidy program that some in...
Concerned about the quality of patient care and fair treatment on the job, University of California Patient Care Technical Workers -- members of AFSCME Local 3299 --overwhelmingly voted this week...
- Jun 18 AFSCME TV: Driving New Orleans Forward Taxi drivers in New Orleans are fighting back and forming a union. (Blog)
- Jun 17 AFSCME Members Rev Engines for PEOPLE AFSCME motorcycle enthusiasts took part in the First Annual AFSCME PEOPLE Poker Run. (Blog)
- Jun 13 As Senate Debates Immigration, AFSCME Puts the Pressure On Lobbying for comprehensive immigration reform with allies in the labor movement (Blog)
- Jun 11 Corporate Taxes Should Not be Cut, New EPI Report Concludes Cutting tax rates will not help the economy (Blog)
- Jun 11 Pennsylvania Supreme Court Denies Mayor Nutter’s Request to Impose Contract Terms The decision is a major victory in favor of collective bargaining rights. (Blog)
- Jun 10 Pass the Paycheck Fairness Act Women still earn less for doing the same work that their male co-workers do. (Blog)
- Jun 05 Connecticut Ruling an “Unequivocal Defense” of Union Members’ Rights Court rules in favor of state employees who were illegally fired in 2003. (Blog)
- Jun 05 AFSCME Member Struggles with Student Debt Standing in solidarity with workers like Maisha Brown, AFSCME is sponsoring Student Debt Day 2013. (Blog)
- Jun 04 Congressional Leader on Immigration Reform: ‘We’re in a Different Moment’ Rep. Luis Gutierrez speaks to AFSCME’s IEB about the urgency of backing reform in Congress. (Blog)
- May 31 Minnesota Child Care Providers Bill Becomes Law Gov. Mark Dayton’s signature sets stage for union vote. (Blog)
- May 30 Working for Peanuts at Nation’s Ballparks, Concessions Sellers Speak Up As profits rise at stadiums, workers don’t see the benefit. They’re crying foul. (Blog)
- May 29 Vermont Home Care Providers Come Together With AFSCME Thousands of home care providers file for the largest union election in the state's history. (Blog)
- Jun 19 America's Class War: A Dispatch From the Front Once again, the facts speak for themselves: Unions are the first and last line of... (Huffington Post)
- Jun 18 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Arizona vs. Inter Tribal Council of Arizona Supreme Court Ruling
- Jun 14 House Panel Examines Medicaid Reform ...AFSCME opposes cost-shifting, which would threaten Medicaid services. (AFSCME Federal Legislative Report)
- Jun 14 Senate Committee Passes Education Bill Senate committee votes to reauthorize Elementary and Secondary Education Act that governs K-12 public education.... (AFSCME Federal Legislative Report)
- Jun 14 House Taking Up Piecemeal Immigration Bills GOP leadership to go forward with small-bore immigration bills next week. (AFSCME Federal Legislative Report)
- Jun 10 Working Families Can Trust Jason Furman to Bolster the Economic Recovery Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Jason Furman’s New Role as Chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers (Press Release)
- May 29 Vermont Home Care Providers Come Together With AFSCME I was honored to be in Vermont to stand with all the members of AFSCME... (Huffington Post)
- May 23 Scott Walker's Austerity Plan: Turning Wisconsin Into the New Greece You don't have to look at Athens, Mykonos or Rhodes to see the damage that... (Huffington Post)
- May 22 AFSCME Honors EMS Workers for Service and Commitment to Communities Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on National EMS Week (Press Release)
- May 21 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on the Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- May 21 Shareholders Vote on Independent Chair at JPMorgan Chase
- May 13 AFSCME Thanks Our Nation’s Law Enforcement Officers for Their Hard Work and Sacrifice Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on National Law Enforcement Officers Week (Press Release)