Category: From the Secretary-Treasurer
- 06/10/14 Unions Still Lead the Way to Equal Pay for Women Women who belong to a union earn, on average, 11 percent more than non-union workers.
- 04/08/14 The Imaginary ATM Equal Pay Day marks how far into the year a woman must work for her wages to catch up to what a man earned in the previous year.
- 03/27/14 Women’s History Month Women’s Economic Agenda should include increasing union membership.
- 02/21/14 The Sexist Agenda Hidden in Harris v. Quinn A ruling undermining unions in the Harris case would bring that progress to a halt and deal a significant blow to pay equity for women, as well as fair treatment in the workplace.
- 11/25/13 Statement by Pres. Lee Saunders and Sec.-Treas. Laura Reyes on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women Pres. Saunders and Sec.-Treas. Reyes speak in support of the Violence Against Women Act
- 06/10/13 Pass the Paycheck Fairness Act Women still earn less for doing the same work that their male co-workers do.
- 02/05/13 Celebrating 20 Years of the Family and Medical Leave Act Nobody should have to choose between the job they need and the family they love.
- 10/18/12 Romney’s Policies Put American Women in a Bind When it comes time to vote, women won’t forget Romney’s refusal to acknowledge our rights.