August 10, 2012
UNITE HERE is waging a global boycott of Hyatt to protest its abuse of housekeepers and other hotel workers and AFSCME sisters and brothers are committing to stand in solidarity with the hotel chain’s workers.
Here are the facts:
- Hyatt has replaced longtime housekeepers and other hotel workers with minimum-wage temporary workers.
- Hyatt has mandated crushing workloads for its housekeepers, increasing the likelihood of serious injury and even disability.
- Hyatt has abused and mistreated workers, issuing outrageous demands that they return to work two or three days after major surgery.
- Hyatt has aggressively lobbied against legislation in California that would make housekeeping work safer.
- Hyatt has refused to remain neutral as non-union hotel workers organize.
Visit HyattHurts.org for more information about the Hyatt campaign. You’ll get tips for Facebook posts, tweets and emails that can help raise awareness about the campaign. Join the boycott of Hyatt properties nationwide and to vote Hyatt the “Worst Hotel Employer in America” at VoteHyattWorst.org.
An injury to one is an injury to all. Let’s join together in supporting UNITE HERE and lifting up the workers of Hyatt.