The top stories of the week from Capitol Hill, as prepared by the AFSCME Department of Federal Government Affairs.More Legislative Weekly Reports »
Find out how Senators and Representatives from each state voted on key issues and see whether they're on our side.
Everything you need to know about the Zika virus. This presentation is NOT intended to provide medical advice or diagnosis.
Workers at Donald Trump's Las Vegas hotel recently formed a union and now Trump refuses to negotiate with them. So thousands of AFSCME members rallied in solidarity with the sisters...
AFSCME members Stephen Mittons and Dovard Howard joined dozens of other public employees on the steps of the Supreme Court to reiterate the vital role their unions play in helping...
Stephanie Wiley is a child care attendant in Ohio. Every day, she wakes up before the sun rises to help children with special needs who ride the bus to school....
- Sep 26 More than 6,000 CA Public Service Workers Vote to Unite with AFSCME Public Employee Union, Local 1/AFSCME seeks to improve public services in Northern California (Press Release)
- Sep 23 AFSCME President Lee Saunders on the Continuing Resolution
- Sep 20 Outsourcing: Higher Costs, Inferior Services For decades, there has been a rush to contract out a host of functions traditionally... (Huffington Post)
- Sep 28 Workers and Community Stand United to Save Howard University Hospital Howard University Hospital workers rally to raise awareness of the high quality health care they provide to the Washington, DC, community. (Blog)
- Sep 27 Presidential Debate Reaffirms Clinton as Choice for Working Families Working families across the country tuned in to watch last night’s Presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, and what they saw should reaffirm their choice of Hillary Clinton for President of the United States. (Blog)
- Sep 26 Corporations Rake in Profits, so Trump Wants to Lower their Taxes. Huh? Corporate profits are soaring but taxes on those profits are at near record lows, reports the Economic Policy Institute and Americans for Tax Fairness. (Blog)
- Sep 22 Standing Strong in Illinois An anti-worker governor is trying to silence Illinois state employees, but they aren’t backing down. (Blog)
- Sep 21 Just Doing My Job School bus driver Renita Smith saved the day, literally, when she rescued 20 children from a burning bus. (Blog)