The top stories of the week from Capitol Hill, as prepared by the AFSCME Department of Federal Government Affairs.More Legislative Weekly Reports »
Find out how Senators and Representatives from each state voted on key issues and see whether they're on our side.
Highlights from U.S. Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez's keynote speech at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago.
The Reverend Doctor William Barber spoke at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago on Thursday, July 17, 2014.
Watch highlights from AFSCME Secretary-Treasurer Laura Reyes' keynote speech at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago.
Our latest edition of AFSCME TV honors several brave Ohio AFSCME snowplow drivers for their efforts to save lives in the line of duty. Members Steve Kinstle, Larry Poage, Ed...
- Nov 26 Congress Should Respect Our Great Nation of Immigrants What our nation needs is for Congress to do its job and pass a bill.... (The Huffington Post)
- Nov 20 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders’ Statement on President Obama’s Executive Order on Immigration AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement in support of President Obama’s Executive Order on Immigration. (Press Release)
- Oct 22 Tightened Guidance for U.S. Healthcare Workers on Personal Protective Equipment for Ebola The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is tightening previous infection control guidance for... (CDC)
- Nov 26 Congress Should Respect Our Great Nation of Immigrants What our nation needs is for Congress to do its job and pass a bill. Only comprehensive immigration reform approved by Congress and signed by the President can permanently fix our nation's immigration system. (Blog)
- Nov 26 EMS Workers: ‘We’re More Than a Resource’ "I'm an employee, but more than that, I'm a good paramedic. I feel like I should be treated as more than a resource.” (Blog)
- Nov 25 A Union Meal Can Make a Big Difference This Thanksgiving, as you count your blessings with family and friends, there is something very simple you can do to pay those blessings forward. Make your Thanksgiving dinner union-made. (Blog)
- Nov 21 Add Walmart Black Friday Protests to Thanksgiving Menu Martha Sellers probably won’t be able to afford a turkey on Thanksgiving because, as on most days, she is forced to choose between paying the bills and putting food on the table. Martha isn't unemployed – she works at Walmart. Her story isn’t unique. (Blog)
- Nov 21 AFSCME Applauds Executive Action on Immigration President Obama’s executive action curtails abusive employers who exploit undocumented immigrants and in doing so, drives down wages and benefits of all of our country’s workers. (Blog)