The top stories of the week from Capitol Hill, as prepared by the AFSCME Department of Federal Government Affairs.More Legislative Weekly Reports »
Find out how Senators and Representatives from each state voted on key issues and see whether they're on our side.
Workers at Donald Trump's Las Vegas hotel recently formed a union and now Trump refuses to negotiate with them. So thousands of AFSCME members rallied in solidarity with the sisters...
AFSCME members Stephen Mittons and Dovard Howard joined dozens of other public employees on the steps of the Supreme Court to reiterate the vital role their unions play in helping...
Stephanie Wiley is a child care attendant in Ohio. Every day, she wakes up before the sun rises to help children with special needs who ride the bus to school....
You've heard some of the right-wing candidates for President pushing some pretty extreme, out-of-touch ideas lately, but you might not realize just how ridiculous these policies and statements sound until...
- Jul 22 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Hillary Clinton’s Selection of Tim Kaine for VP
- Jul 19 Hillary Clinton Addresses AFSCME Convention Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee to public service workers: “When unions are strong, America is strong” (Press Release)
- Jul 17 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on the Shooting of Police Officers in Baton Rouge
- Jul 22 Delegates Pass Racial Justice and Public Safety Resolution The resolution reflects Monday’s keynote remarks by President Saunders, who said that we can achieve both law and order and racial justice "if we embrace our common humanity and listen to our better angels." (Blog)
- Jul 21 Delegates Rally at Trump Hotel More than 2,000 AFSCME delegates took it to the streets Wednesday, standing in solidarity with Culinary Workers demanding a fair contract at the Trump International Hotel. (Blog)
- Jul 21 Rev. Dr. Barber: “I Came to AFSCME to Call Code!” At AFSCME's 42nd International Convention the Rev. Dr. William Barber II challenged public workers and their labor unions to be part of the moral revival of our nation. (Blog)
- Jul 20 Hillary Clinton’s Promise to AFSCME Hillary Clinton: "You pioneered the basic bargain that made our country great...That means working hard and playing by the rules should mean being able to earn a living wage and having a fair shot at the American Dream." (Blog)
- Jul 15 Stand with BCTGM Support our BCTGM sisters and brothers. Check the label. Fight for American jobs. (Blog)