The top stories of the week from Capitol Hill, as prepared by the AFSCME Department of Federal Government Affairs.More Legislative Weekly Reports »
Find out how Senators and Representatives from each state voted on key issues and see whether they're on our side.
AFSCME members Stephen Mittons and Dovard Howard joined dozens of other public employees on the steps of the Supreme Court to reiterate the vital role their unions play in helping...
Stephanie Wiley is a child care attendant in Ohio. Every day, she wakes up before the sun rises to help children with special needs who ride the bus to school....
You've heard some of the right-wing candidates for President pushing some pretty extreme, out-of-touch ideas lately, but you might not realize just how ridiculous these policies and statements sound until...
Raise the retirement age? Work longer hours? Retirees read aloud for themselves some of the out-of-touch right-wing ideas to come from the Presidential candidates. Their reactions are worth a watch....
- Jun 27 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Supreme Court Denial of Certiorari in Home Care Association of America v. Weil
- Jun 23 AFSCME President Lee Saunders on the U.S. Supreme Court’s Decision in United States vs. Texas.
- Jun 08 The Hidden History of the Privatization of Everything Privatization is one of the most significant and pervasive politico-economic trends in the United States... (Talking Points Memo)
- Jun 27 LGBT Pride Month: Why Mara Keisling Was Arrested for Using the Wrong Bathroom Mara Keisling, the founding executive director of the National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE), went into a woman’s restroom in North Carolina to protest a law attacking transgender rights. (Blog)
- Jun 20 One Way to Fix Our Country’s Child Care Crisis: Invest in Family Child Care Providers It’s time we invest in our country’s greatest asset: our children. (Blog)
- Jun 20 We're Winning the Fight for $15 Workers are rising up to fight for better pay and a union. They won't be stopped. (Blog)
- Jun 19 What Dads Really Want for Father’s Day The United States is the only developed nation in the world with no guaranteed paid leave of any kind. (Blog)
- Jun 17 Runaway Pay and Undisclosed Lobbying Are Addictions, and BlackRock Is an Enabler It’s time to explain to investors how and where companies spend corporate dollars on political campaigns and lobbying. (Blog)