The top stories of the week from Capitol Hill, as prepared by the AFSCME Department of Federal Government Affairs.More Legislative Weekly Reports »
Find out how Senators and Representatives from each state voted on key issues and see whether they're on our side.
AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders addresses the 2013 Next Wave Conference in Detroit.
AFSCME Sec.-Treas. Laura Reyes addresses the 2013 Next Wave Conference in Detroit.
Confronting Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and Detroit's Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr over their pension-slashing, anti-worker agenda was the objective of more than 600 young AFSCME members at the 2013 Next...
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder -- the man who signed a heinous right-to-work-for-less law and took away voters' rights with his emergency financial manager law -- calls himself "One Tough Nerd."...
- Oct 25 AFSCME Budget and Tax Fact Sheet We need responsible budget and tax policy that promotes economic growth for all Americans (AFSCME)
- Oct 17 AFSCME’S SAUNDERS: "This shutdown ordeal has come to an end. It should never happen again." "The hardworking women and men of this country deserve better." (Press Release)
- Oct 17 Letter: AFSCME Urges Yes Vote to End Budget Stalemate (House)
- Oct 28 Public Safety Officers Gather in Columbus AFSCME donates $100,000 for national law enforcement memorial, honors members of the Newtown Police Union and Lucasville Corrections Facility. (Blog)
- Oct 25 Illinois State Workers Deserve the Paychecks They Earned Legislators should give back wages taken from 25,000 workers in 2011 (Blog)
- Oct 21 New Census Figures Confirm Unions Strengthen Middle Class Families in union-strong states receive a higher share of state income. (Blog)
- Oct 16 Young Workers Advocate for a Fair Living Wage In Washington State AFSCME Next Wavers inspired to act after Next Wave conference (Blog)
- Oct 15 California Domestic Workers win seven-year battle for workplace rights New law is the first step to take care of California caretakers (Blog)