The top stories of the week from Capitol Hill, as prepared by the AFSCME Department of Federal Government Affairs.More Legislative Weekly Reports »
Find out how Senators and Representatives from each state voted on key issues and see whether they're on our side.
Learn about the Family and Medical Leave Act. 1) Learn the history 2) Who is covered under the FMLA 3) Know the employee's responsibilities 4) Recognize the employer's rights 5)...
Everything you need to know about the Zika virus. This presentation is NOT intended to provide medical advice or diagnosis.
Workers at Donald Trump's Las Vegas hotel recently formed a union and now Trump refuses to negotiate with them. So thousands of AFSCME members rallied in solidarity with the sisters...
AFSCME members Stephen Mittons and Dovard Howard joined dozens of other public employees on the steps of the Supreme Court to reiterate the vital role their unions play in helping...
- Mar 27 DC EMTs and Paramedics Vote to Join AFSCME Nearly 200 emergency medical technicians and paramedics serving the nation's capital voted to join AFSCME District Council 20. (Blog)
- Mar 24 AFSCME Reacts to House Leadership Pulling the Health Care Bill Read AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders’ reaction to the decision to pull the House health care bill shortly before members were scheduled to vote on it. (Blog)
- Mar 23 Listen Up, Congress! This AFSCME Member Has a Message for You AFSCME retiree Patricia Byrd went to Capitol Hill with a clear message: Hands off our Medicaid. (Blog)
- Mar 23 An Era of Scorn for Our Government Workforce AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders blasts right-wing politicians who scapegoat and undermine public workers. (Blog)
- Mar 23 AFSCME Council 65 Expands by 156 Workers in South Dakota Organizing win: A total of 156 employees at the South Dakota Developmental Center are now covered by AFSCME Council 65. (Blog)