The top stories of the week from Capitol Hill, as prepared by the AFSCME Department of Federal Government Affairs.More Legislative Weekly Reports »
Find out how Senators and Representatives from each state voted on key issues and see whether they're on our side.
Learn about the Family and Medical Leave Act. 1) Learn the history 2) Who is covered under the FMLA 3) Know the employee's responsibilities 4) Recognize the employer's rights 5)...
Everything you need to know about the Zika virus. This presentation is NOT intended to provide medical advice or diagnosis.
Workers at Donald Trump's Las Vegas hotel recently formed a union and now Trump refuses to negotiate with them. So thousands of AFSCME members rallied in solidarity with the sisters...
AFSCME members Stephen Mittons and Dovard Howard joined dozens of other public employees on the steps of the Supreme Court to reiterate the vital role their unions play in helping...
- Dec 10 Human Rights Day – Dec. 10 – It’s Everyone’s Day Today, Dec. 10, is Human Rights Day. Stand up for someone’s rights today and take the pledge. (Blog)
- Dec 09 Anti-Labor Pols Preparing Union Attacks in Key States Emboldened by the results of the 2016 elections, right-wing lawmakers in several key states are preparing fresh attacks on labor unions. (Blog)
- Dec 09 Trump’s Labor Pick May Try to Silence Workers’ Voices. We Won’t Let Him The career of Andrew Puzder, Donald Trump’s pick to head the Labor Department, has been a long sequence of greedy decisions that repeatedly put profits over workers. (Blog)
- Dec 09 Attacks on Wisconsin Corrections Officers Reach Crisis Level At Wisconsin correctional facilities, staff shortages are leading to increased assaults, a situation that’s reached a crisis level. (Blog)
- Dec 08 What Donald Trump Really Thinks of Working America Trump attacked a union activist for standing up for his members. We need to stand up to Trump and hold him accountable. (Blog)