The top stories of the week from Capitol Hill, as prepared by the AFSCME Department of Federal Government Affairs.More Legislative Weekly Reports »
Find out how Senators and Representatives from each state voted on key issues and see whether they're on our side.
Highlights from U.S. Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez's keynote speech at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago.
The Reverend Doctor William Barber spoke at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago on Thursday, July 17, 2014.
Watch highlights from AFSCME Secretary-Treasurer Laura Reyes' keynote speech at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago.
Our latest edition of AFSCME TV honors several brave Ohio AFSCME snowplow drivers for their efforts to save lives in the line of duty. Members Steve Kinstle, Larry Poage, Ed...
- Sep 26 MA: Janitorial firm fined for wage gaffe An East Boston janitorial company has been ordered by Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley to... (The Boston Globe)
- Sep 26 MS: Child support privatization protest A rally in the capital city Thursday evening protested the privatization of child support. The... (Mississippi News Now)
- Sep 26 IN: Indiana Toll Road rates and revenue are up, traffic has been stagnant Toll rates for cash customers on the Indiana Toll Road are up. Not surprisingly, revenue... (The Elkhart Truth)
- Sep 30 Boehner’s Goals Are Not Your Goals It’s the same old playbook, rolled out yet again by House Speaker John Boehner. Reduce government, cut taxes on the wealthiest, limit regulations and lawsuits on businesses, and abandon public schools. (Blog)
- Sep 24 Google, Facebook, Yelp Abandon ALEC If you Google “companies that have cut ties with ALEC,” you’ll find…Google. AFSCME was one of 50 organizations that earlier this month urged the Internet giant to stop funding ALEC. (Blog)
- Sep 22 AFSCME Partners with Thurgood Marshall College Fund "Our commitment to students of color at historically black and other colleges and universities is unwavering," said AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders. (Blog)
- Sep 22 A Message for AFSCME Members from Sen. Elizabeth Warren Senator Warren has a message for AFSCME members. While Senator Warren is not on a ballot this November, she reminds us why it’s so important that we get out to vote this fall. (Blog)
- Sep 22 Help us Register 1,000 New Voters Tuesday, Sept. 23, is National Voter Registration Day! It’s important to make sure that your voter registration is up to date well in advance of Election Day, Nov. 4. (Blog)