The top stories of the week from Capitol Hill, as prepared by the AFSCME Department of Federal Government Affairs.More Legislative Weekly Reports »
Find out how Senators and Representatives from each state voted on key issues and see whether they're on our side.
Highlights from U.S. Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez's keynote speech at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago.
The Reverend Doctor William Barber spoke at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago on Thursday, July 17, 2014.
Watch highlights from AFSCME Secretary-Treasurer Laura Reyes' keynote speech at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago.
Our latest edition of AFSCME TV honors several brave Ohio AFSCME snowplow drivers for their efforts to save lives in the line of duty. Members Steve Kinstle, Larry Poage, Ed...
- Aug 28 #WEmatter and We Demand Change For too long the needs of women and families have been dismissed by our elected... (Huffington Post)
- Aug 26 WI: Milwaukee County Zoo Food, Catering and Retail Concessions May Be Privatized With no public discussion, the Milwaukee County Zoo offered a request for proposals (RFP) to... (Express Milwaukee)
- Aug 26 Union barbecues warn residents of health care privatization With summer drawing to a close, Canadian Union of Public Employees' (CUPE) goal of raising... (Prince Albert Daily Herald)
- Aug 29 Missouri AFSCME Members Aid Ferguson Community AFSCME Council 72 members provide food, water and supplies (Blog)
- Aug 28 Philadelphia City Workers Reach Tentative Agreement (Blog)
- Aug 28 A Whopper of a Tax-Avoidance Scheme Burger King to buy Canadian firm to lower its U.S. tax bite (Blog)
- Aug 28 Missouri Home Care Workers, Clients Build Coalition Nearly 100 Missouri Home Care Union activists and their clients convened last weekend to plan their push to the finish line for a first contract. (Blog)
- Aug 28 Transgender State Employees Win Health Care Coverage Transgender state employees in Washington state, on July 31, celebrated a vote by the Public Employee Benefits Board (PEBB) that ended discriminatory exclusions in the state’s health care coverage. (Blog)