The top stories of the week from Capitol Hill, as prepared by the AFSCME Department of Federal Government Affairs.More Legislative Weekly Reports »
Find out how Senators and Representatives from each state voted on key issues and see whether they're on our side.
AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders addresses the 2013 Next Wave Conference in Detroit.
AFSCME Sec.-Treas. Laura Reyes addresses the 2013 Next Wave Conference in Detroit.
Confronting Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and Detroit's Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr over their pension-slashing, anti-worker agenda was the objective of more than 600 young AFSCME members at the 2013 Next...
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder -- the man who signed a heinous right-to-work-for-less law and took away voters' rights with his emergency financial manager law -- calls himself "One Tough Nerd."...
- Feb 07 Opponents of Right-to-Work (For Less) in Michigan Will Have Their Day in Court The state Supreme Court recently agreed to hear our challenge to a right-to-work (for less) law. (Blog)
- Feb 06 The Top Priority in the Missouri State Legislature? Lowering Your Wages Missouri workers packed a hearing room in opposition of union-busting legislation. (Blog)
- Feb 06 AFSCME and Allies Seek to Stop Pension Theft in Illinois A new law raises the retirement age and cuts cost-of-living increases. (Blog)
- Feb 04 Indiana Union Members Protect Retirement Security, Win Fight Against Corporate Welfare Legislators voted unanimously against pension outsourcing that would pack corporate coffers with unnecessary fees (Blog)
- Feb 04 Taxpayer Money Up in Smoke: Library President Spends $140,000 Renovating Office $27,000-private smoking deck is a priority while Queens Library employees enter fourth year without a raise (Blog)