The top stories of the week from Capitol Hill, as prepared by the AFSCME Department of Federal Government Affairs.More Legislative Weekly Reports »
Find out how Senators and Representatives from each state voted on key issues and see whether they're on our side.
Highlights from U.S. Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez's keynote speech at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago.
The Reverend Doctor William Barber spoke at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago on Thursday, July 17, 2014.
Watch highlights from AFSCME Secretary-Treasurer Laura Reyes' keynote speech at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago.
Our latest edition of AFSCME TV honors several brave Ohio AFSCME snowplow drivers for their efforts to save lives in the line of duty. Members Steve Kinstle, Larry Poage, Ed...
- Jul 24 An Increase in the Minimum Wage Is Long Past Due It has been seven years since Congress passed a minimum wage increase and five long years since that increase, to $7.25, went into effect. (Press Release)
- Jul 23 The Affordable Care Act ‘Will Continue to Help Families’ AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement today on the D.C. Court of Appeals ruling in Halbig v. Burwell. (Press Release)
- Jul 10 Principle Is a Terrible Thing to Waste Last month, United Negro College Fund President Michael Lomax announced that his organization has received... (The Huffington Post)
- Jul 25 Record Attendance at Indiana-Kentucky Union Leadership Academy More than 48 union activists from locals throughout Indiana and Kentucky gathered earlier this summer to attend Organizing Committee 962’s Local Union Leadership Academy. (Blog)
- Jul 25 Outsourcing Fight Involves Community When AFSCME members at the University of Wisconsin-Superior received “at risk notices” alerting them their jobs would be outsourced to a private company, AFSCME Local 42 (Council 24) and the greater Superior community decided to fight back. (Blog)
- Jul 24 Atlanta Bus Drivers Win Raises, Full-time Positions A year of activism pays off for members of AFSCME Local 1644, with an agreement that provides for across-the-board raises and fair pay for a 2013 dispute. (Blog)
- Jul 24 Iowa Member Is a Hall of Famer Phyllis Thede is recognized for her achievements as an Iowa state legislator. (Blog)
- Jul 23 Stirring Story About Why We Need Immigration Reform Now Maricruz Manzanarez gave a stirring speech about the need for immigration reform at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago. (Blog)