The top stories of the week from Capitol Hill, as prepared by the AFSCME Department of Federal Government Affairs.More Legislative Weekly Reports »
Find out how Senators and Representatives from each state voted on key issues and see whether they're on our side.
Learn about the Family and Medical Leave Act. 1) Learn the history 2) Who is covered under the FMLA 3) Know the employee's responsibilities 4) Recognize the employer's rights 5)...
Everything you need to know about the Zika virus. This presentation is NOT intended to provide medical advice or diagnosis.
Workers at Donald Trump's Las Vegas hotel recently formed a union and now Trump refuses to negotiate with them. So thousands of AFSCME members rallied in solidarity with the sisters...
AFSCME members Stephen Mittons and Dovard Howard joined dozens of other public employees on the steps of the Supreme Court to reiterate the vital role their unions play in helping...
- Feb 17 The Affordable Care Act Is Saving Lives – Now It’s Time to Save It When politicians talk about repealing the Affordable Care Act (ACA), they do so as if they didn’t realize that the welfare of millions of people is at stake. (Blog)
- Feb 17 Good News on Pay for Illinois Public Service Workers A judge in Illinois has given state employees reason to breathe easier – for now. (Blog)
- Feb 17 The Financial Services Industry Doesn’t Want You to Care About This. We Do. Financial advisers should consider your best interests over their own, but the financial industry – and the Trump administration – have a different agenda. (Blog)
- Feb 16 Trump Names New Labor Secretary Nominee A day after we bid good riddance to Andrew Puzder, President Trump has named a new nominee to head the U.S. Labor Department: Alexander Acosta. (Blog)
- Feb 16 Working Families Win Big in New Hampshire Working families won big in New Hampshire today as state lawmakers voted by a wide margin to kill a right-to-work bill. (Blog)