The top stories of the week from Capitol Hill, as prepared by the AFSCME Department of Federal Government Affairs.More Legislative Weekly Reports »
Find out how Senators and Representatives from each state voted on key issues and see whether they're on our side.
AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders addresses the 2013 Next Wave Conference in Detroit.
AFSCME Sec.-Treas. Laura Reyes addresses the 2013 Next Wave Conference in Detroit.
Confronting Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and Detroit's Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr over their pension-slashing, anti-worker agenda was the objective of more than 600 young AFSCME members at the 2013 Next...
- Apr 10 AFSCME President Blasts House Approval of Budget for Wealthy AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders released the following statement following the House approval of the budget drafted by Rep. Paul Ryan. (Press Release)
- Apr 08 Our Mothers, Wives and Daughters Deserve Equal Pay for Equal Work Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Equal Pay Day (Press Release)
- Apr 07 AFSCME Applauds Senate Approval of Jobless Aid and Calls on House to Act Without Delay AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement today on the Senate’s approval of jobless aid to millions of Americans. (Press Release)
- Apr 14 Public Libraries, Loved by All, Remain Under Attack Local decision-makers should heed their constituents and protect library services. (Blog)
- Apr 11 In Mudslide Recovery Effort, Value of Strong Community Services Gov. Jay Inslee said he’s “immensely proud … to work with employees who care so deeply for the people they serve.” (Blog)
- Apr 10 AFSCME New Mexico Questions Governor’s Priorities Gov. Susana Martinez recently announced she will try to dismantle unions. (Blog)
- Apr 10 AFSCME Fights 2009 Wisconsin Layoffs Milwaukee County courthouse custodians were laid off over union membership. (Blog)
- Apr 10 Legislators, Business Leaders and Workers Urge Increase in Minimum Wage The event, held in the Capitol in Washington, DC, was led by AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders. (Blog)