The top stories of the week from Capitol Hill, as prepared by the AFSCME Department of Federal Government Affairs.More Legislative Weekly Reports »
Find out how Senators and Representatives from each state voted on key issues and see whether they're on our side.
Learn about the Family and Medical Leave Act. 1) Learn the history 2) Who is covered under the FMLA 3) Know the employee's responsibilities 4) Recognize the employer's rights 5)...
Everything you need to know about the Zika virus. This presentation is NOT intended to provide medical advice or diagnosis.
Workers at Donald Trump's Las Vegas hotel recently formed a union and now Trump refuses to negotiate with them. So thousands of AFSCME members rallied in solidarity with the sisters...
AFSCME members Stephen Mittons and Dovard Howard joined dozens of other public employees on the steps of the Supreme Court to reiterate the vital role their unions play in helping...
- Jan 20 March This Weekend, Organize for the Next Four Years In response to the swearing-in of the new president, thousands upon thousands of Americans are flocking to the nation’s capital to give voice to their views and their values. (Blog)
- Jan 19 The Women’s March is for Everyone The Women’s March on Washington, which will be held Saturday, January 21, 2017, is expected to draw hundreds of thousands of people in our nation’s capital. (Blog)
- Jan 19 Iowa Vets to Pols: Our Issues Are Working Family Issues Hundreds of Iowa vets tell legislators that their issues are aligned with the concerns of working families. (Blog)
- Jan 17 Tom Price Is Coming for Your Health Care Hearings start Wednesday for Donald Trump’s choice for Secretary of Health and Human Services, and we have some questions for him. (Blog)
- Jan 16 Dr. King, Labor Leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was a fighter for both racial and economic justice. (Blog)