AFSCME Green Toolkit
The AFSCME Green Toolkit will help you move from ideas to action. It is designed to help secure "the right of all persons to a healthy, safe and pleasant environment." It is the AFSCME source for information on best practices for the union, home and workplace, legislative and policy proposals, green contract language and more.
- Protecting Our Future Download the AFSCME Green brochure. (1.6MB PDF)
- Climate Change - Global Warming Without mitigating measures global climate change will have significant negative economic, environmental and fiscal implications for state and local governments and our communities and residents.
- The Green Union AFSCME is greening its own house. We are reviewing facilities, and business and meeting practices to ensure that AFSCME is truly green.
- Greening the Workplace Sustainable operations protect the environment, improve working conditions and save money.
- Green BargainingWhile many operating procedures and practices are set by policy or administrative procedure, change can also be advanced through green bargaining.
- Green Jobs and Changes New green policies and sustainable practices can create new jobs, reduce the need for some and change the content of others.
- Green Communities AFSCME members are community and political activists. That activism can be used to promote sustainable communities and protect the environment by legislative and other efforts.
- Green Living Resources for green living.
- Green Legislation and Politics
- Green Pension Investing Public and private pension plans are concerned about the impacts of climate change. Through their investments they can make an important contribution to the devleopment of a sustainable economy, with good jobs.
- Green Networking