Green Jobs and Changes
New green policies and sustainable practices can create new jobs, reduce the need for some and change the content of others.
- Job Opportunties for the Green Economy: A State by State Picture of Occupations That Gain From Green Investments
Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Measuring Green Jobs
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- AFSCME District Council 37 New York City Represented Classifications Affected byplaNYC2030 for a Greener, Greater New York City
- How Policies to Reduction Green House Gas Emmissions Could Affect Employment, Congressional Budget Office, May 2010
- Changing Work in a Changing Climate: Adaption to Climate Change in the UK - New Research on the Implications for Employment
- Climate Change and Employment: Impact on employment in the European Union-25 of climate change and CO2 emission reduction measures by 2030
European Trade Union Federation, See Part IV for Adjustment Policies
GREEN JOB TRAINING
- Green Certification, Education, Funding and Other Online Resources
Los Angeles Trade Technical College Green Workforce Education Program
JUST TRANSITION FOR WORKERS
- Labor Network for Sustainability: Climate Legislation Must Provide a Just Transition for Workers, November 2009
- A Green and Fair Future: For a Just Transition to a Low Carbon Economy
GREEN JOB ADVOCACY
- Blue Green Alliance
National partnership of labor unions and environmental organizations dedicated to expanding the number and quality of jobs in the green economy.
- Apollo Alliance
Coalition of labor, business, environmental, and community leaders working to catalyze a clean energy revolution that will put millions of Americans to work in high-quality, green-collar jobs.