Our Position / Current Legislation
- Budget and Tax Fact SheetWe need responsible budget and tax policy that promotes economic growth for all Americans
- AFSCME Urges the U.S. House of Representatives to Reject Proposed SNAP Cuts
- AFSCME Supports the Senate Budget Resolution Chairwoman Murray's budget prioritizes job creation and economic growth by strengthening the middle class and working families rather than giving needless tax breaks to the super wealthy and corporations.
- AFSCME Budget PrioritiesThe budget should strengthen the economy, boost job creation, and provide critical funding for public health and safety, job training, education, food assistance, and infrastructure that benefits everyone.
- Union Sign-On Letter Supporting Marketplace Fairness Act, S. 743Unions strongly support bipartisan "Marketplace Fairness Act of 2013" (S. 743), which empowers state and local governments to collect sales and use taxes from remote sellers.
- AFSCME Supports “Paying a Fair Share Act" (H.R. 3903-Buffett Rule)Bill is key step to ensure America's highest earners pay their fair share of federal taxes.
- AFSCME’s Position – State Fiscal ReliefThe burst of the housing bubble and failing economy have led to budget crises in state and local governments across the country.
- AFSCME’s Position – Balanced Budget Amendment A constitutional balanced budget amendment would be a simplistic answer to a complicated issue and would serve only to weaken our economy and move us away from fiscal responsibility.