Letters, Statements & More
- Institutional Investors Press Companies for Disclosure of Lobbying in 2014 Shareholder resolutions filed with 48 companies by 60 institutional and individual investors.
- AFSCME's Saunders: “Ruling Paves The Way For The Decimation Of Detroit’s Working Class.”
- Court Rules in Favor of AFSCME Members, Detroit Bankruptcy IllegalStatement by AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders: Snyder and Orr are not above the law and cannot ignore the Michigan constitution
- Massachusetts Workers Blast Mitt Romney: “Romney and His Corporate-Backed Allies in Washington Would Only Make Matters Worse”
- Wisconsin Retirees: Paul Ryan Would “Tear Seniors’ Safety Net to Shreds”
- AFSCME’s Saunders: Choice Between Obama-Biden and Romney-Ryan “Couldn’t Be Any Clearer”Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders following Romney's selection of Paul Ryan as his running mate
- AFSCME’s Saunders: Wall Street’s “Casino Mentality” Behind JP Morgan’s Losses, Economic WoesStatement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders following the announcement by JP Morgan Chase that London trading losses exceed $4 billion
- AFSCME Urges Shareholders to Vote against Executive Compensation at Pfizer (PFE) and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- “Priorities That Are Out of Touch with Basic American Values” Statement of AFSCME President Gerald W. McEntee on the Ryan budget plan
- Investors Issue Call for Annual Vote on Executive PayToday 39 institutional investors, issued a public call for companies to support an annual advisory vote on executive compensation in their spring proxy statements and for investors to vote for annual “Say on Pay” votes.
- AFSCME Employees Pension Plan Announces 27 Shareholder ProposalsThe American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, AFL-CIO (AFSCME) Employees Pension Plan, today announced its 27 proposals for greater transparency concerning risk, director accountability and independent board leadership.
- Barclays, Northern, State Street and Vanguard Top List of Mutual Funds Enabling Excessive CEO PayNew Report Examines Mutual Fund Proxy Voting Patterns on Executive Compensation
- AFSCME Employees Pension Plan Applauds Appointment of Independent Chairman at Fifth Third
- AFSCME Employees Pension Plan Urges Support for Independent Chairman Proposals and ‘Vote No’ Campaigns at Nabors and Abercrombie & Fitch
- AFSCME Employees Pension Plan To Vote Against Compensation at Morgan StanleyUse of “Say on Pay” Vote to Voice Dissatisfaction Gains Momentum
- AFSCME Lauds House Committee Passage of “Say-On-Pay” Legislation
- AFSCME Employees Pension Plan Announces 2009 Shareholder ProposalsIn the Wake of Financial Crisis, Executive Pay, Board Reform, Corporate Accountability Top Pension Plan Agenda
- AFSCME Urges “Vote No” for ACS Compensation Committee MembersCommittee’s judgment on pay and backdated stock options labeled excessive
- Public Funds Call for Support of Landmark Shareholder Access to the Proxy at Hewlett-Packard
- AFSCME Announces 2007 Shareholder Proposals27 proposals focus on executive pay, board reform, corporate accountability
- McEntee Hails Resignation of Home Depot Chief, Calls For Greater CEO Accountability
Get news & updates from AFSCME