- Jan 23 AFSCME Defies Odds in Organizing; Unions Needed Now More Than Ever
- Jan 20 Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on President Obama’s State of the Union Address
- Jan 17 Martin Luther King Day is Opportunity to Renew His Dream for Justice AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement to commemorate Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Jan 15 Obama’s Paid Sick Leave Initiative ‘Common Sense Solution’
- Jan 15 AFSCME’s President Lee Saunders: Federal Court Deals “Another Slap in the Face” to Hardworking Caregivers U.S. District Judge Richard Leon, a 2002 George W. Bush appointee, today denied overtime and minimum wage requirements to 2 million home health care workers.
- Dec 21 Statement by Lee Saunders on the murders of two New York City Police Officers The senseless, tragic murders of two NYPD officers are agonizing reminders that the hard-working men and women of law enforcement put their lives at risk every day to protect us.
- Dec 12 Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders Concerning Passage of the Omnibus Spending Bill “There is little to celebrate in the omnibus, except that it provides budget certainty for the next nine months for most federal agencies and the state and local governments that carry out many federal programs and funding for Ebola."
- Nov 25 Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Grand Jury Decision in the Shooting Death of Michael Brown The tragic death of Michael Brown and the grand jury’s decision once again reminds us that there remains much work to be done in creating a justice system that is truly color blind.
- Nov 20 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders’ Statement on President Obama’s Executive Order on Immigration AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement in support of President Obama’s Executive Order on Immigration.
- Nov 12 Funding a Must for Response to Public Health Emergencies AFSCME Supports Emergency Funding to Address Ebola Crisis
- Oct 07 AFSCME Statement on DOL Announcement re: Overtime Protections For Home Care Workers AFSCME supports the administration’s continuing commitment to implementation of overtime protections for home care workers as scheduled.
- Sep 23 Stop Corporate Inversion: Restore Economic Patriotism AFSCME supports efforts to make corporations pay their fair share.
Highlights from U.S. Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez's keynote speech at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago.
The Reverend Doctor William Barber spoke at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago on Thursday, July 17, 2014.
Watch highlights from AFSCME Secretary-Treasurer Laura Reyes' keynote speech at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago.
Our latest edition of AFSCME TV honors several brave Ohio AFSCME snowplow drivers for their efforts to save lives in the line of duty. Members Steve Kinstle, Larry Poage, Ed...
- May 06 Merced County, CA makes offers to homecare workers Home-care workers of Merced County got their wish after more than a year of contract... (Merced Sun-Star)
- Jun 03 Nuns Rally w/ Labor on Capitol Hill, Visit Oval Office ...“Nuns on the Bus” gathered with prominent labor leaders and immigration activists at the United... (Paramus Post)
- May 02 Hundreds March on Mayday in San Diego. ..... At the end, Laura Reyes, General Secretary of the United Domestic Workers International and... (Democratic Underground)
- May 02 Reid headlines Las Vegas immigration rally People waving American flags, honking hand-held horns and chanting “Si se puede” — Spanish for... (Associated Press)
- Apr 04 45 years after Martin Luther King shot, "50 days of nonviolence" ...Members of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees labor union, which organized... (Reuters)
- Apr 04 Mayor Wharton Responds To Sanitation Criticism The president of AFSCME tells News Channel 3, he feels the fight to keep Dr.... (WREG Memphis)
- Apr 04 Progressive Groups Revive King’s Message on Anniversary of Mountaintop Speech On the 45th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s final speech at Mason Temple,... (WREG Memphis)
- Feb 13 Public-Sector Workers Rally Against Sequestration …“We’re here to stand up for public services that have been cut to the bone,”... (GovExec.com)
- Feb 13 Union leaders denounce sequestration at DC rally: ‘They want to see us bleed’ …. “That top one and two percent want more power. They want more wealth and... (The Hill)
- Feb 12 Union President on Labor and Black History On the 45th anniversary of the Memphis Sanitation Strike, we spoke to Lee Saunders, AFSCME's... (The Root)
- Feb 12 AFSCME President Slams Pat Quinn, Michael Nutter As 'Turncoats' Who Must 'Pay' One of the top labor leaders in the country ripped into two prominent Democratic lawmakers... (Huffington Post)
- Feb 05 theGrio’s 100: Lee Saunders, organizing America’s largest union Lee Saunders is the first black president of AFSCME. … Saunders made history as the... (theGrio )