- Jun 30 Home Care, Child Care Providers Resolute in Face of Supreme Court Decision Home care and child care workers will continue to stand up for quality care in the wake of the Supreme Court ruling in Harris v. Quinn today.
- Jun 19 AFSCME Stands in Solidarity with Edward Lane Supreme Court Ruling in Lane v. Franks a victory for free speech
- Jun 11 AFSCME Stands with Teachers in Vergara v. California AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued this statement following the Los Angeles County Superior Court’s decision in Vergara v. California.
- May 27 AFSCME Lauds Representative Lynch’s Bill Establishing National EMS Memorial, Urges Swift Passage AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement today urging Congress to take action on the H.R. 4690, a bill to establish a National EMS Memorial.
- May 15 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on National Police Week This week, we join law enforcement officers nationwide in paying tribute to those who lost their lives in the line of duty, and we thank them as well for risking all every day to keep us safe.
- May 15 Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders: Congress Must Guarantee the Right to Vote
- May 06 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Public Service Recognition Week We must all honor the work of our sisters and brothers by standing united in the struggle for quality public services.
- May 04 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Corrections Officers and Employees Week “We will always honor the sacrifices corrections employees make on our behalf by standing with them in their struggle, which is also ours..."
- May 01 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on May Day Today, we are united with the simple message that workers’ rights should be universally acknowledged and that every person deserves the opportunity to achieve a better life for themselves and their families.
- Apr 11 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders Statement on HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement on Kathleen Sebelius’ leadership as Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Apr 10 AFSCME President Blasts House Approval of Budget for Wealthy AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders released the following statement following the House approval of the budget drafted by Rep. Paul Ryan.
- Apr 08 Our Mothers, Wives and Daughters Deserve Equal Pay for Equal Work Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Equal Pay Day
Our latest edition of AFSCME TV honors several brave Ohio AFSCME snowplow drivers for their efforts to save lives in the line of duty. Members Steve Kinstle, Larry Poage, Ed...
AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders addresses the 2013 Next Wave Conference in Detroit.
AFSCME Sec.-Treas. Laura Reyes addresses the 2013 Next Wave Conference in Detroit.
Confronting Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and Detroit's Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr over their pension-slashing, anti-worker agenda was the objective of more than 600 young AFSCME members at the 2013 Next...
- May 06 Merced County, CA makes offers to homecare workers Home-care workers of Merced County got their wish after more than a year of contract... (Merced Sun-Star)
- Jun 03 Nuns Rally w/ Labor on Capitol Hill, Visit Oval Office ...“Nuns on the Bus” gathered with prominent labor leaders and immigration activists at the United... (Paramus Post)
- May 02 Hundreds March on Mayday in San Diego. ..... At the end, Laura Reyes, General Secretary of the United Domestic Workers International and... (Democratic Underground)
- May 02 Reid headlines Las Vegas immigration rally People waving American flags, honking hand-held horns and chanting “Si se puede” — Spanish for... (Associated Press)
- Apr 04 45 years after Martin Luther King shot, "50 days of nonviolence" ...Members of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees labor union, which organized... (Reuters)
- Apr 04 Mayor Wharton Responds To Sanitation Criticism The president of AFSCME tells News Channel 3, he feels the fight to keep Dr.... (WREG Memphis)
- Apr 04 Progressive Groups Revive King’s Message on Anniversary of Mountaintop Speech On the 45th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s final speech at Mason Temple,... (WREG Memphis)
- Feb 13 Public-Sector Workers Rally Against Sequestration …“We’re here to stand up for public services that have been cut to the bone,”... (GovExec.com)
- Feb 13 Union leaders denounce sequestration at DC rally: ‘They want to see us bleed’ …. “That top one and two percent want more power. They want more wealth and... (The Hill)
- Feb 12 Union President on Labor and Black History On the 45th anniversary of the Memphis Sanitation Strike, we spoke to Lee Saunders, AFSCME's... (The Root)
- Feb 12 AFSCME President Slams Pat Quinn, Michael Nutter As 'Turncoats' Who Must 'Pay' One of the top labor leaders in the country ripped into two prominent Democratic lawmakers... (Huffington Post)
- Feb 05 theGrio’s 100: Lee Saunders, organizing America’s largest union Lee Saunders is the first black president of AFSCME. … Saunders made history as the... (theGrio )