- Apr 11 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders Statement on HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement on Kathleen Sebelius’ leadership as Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Apr 10 AFSCME President Blasts House Approval of Budget for Wealthy AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders released the following statement following the House approval of the budget drafted by Rep. Paul Ryan.
- Apr 08 Our Mothers, Wives and Daughters Deserve Equal Pay for Equal Work Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Equal Pay Day
- Apr 07 AFSCME Applauds Senate Approval of Jobless Aid and Calls on House to Act Without Delay AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement today on the Senate’s approval of jobless aid to millions of Americans.
- Apr 04 “The dream lives on when we take a stand against injustice.” Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Anniversary of the Assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Apr 02 AFSCME's Saunders: "Supreme Court Ruling is a Step Backwards"
- Feb 26 AFSCME’s Saunders on GOP Tax Plan: “Give Us a Break”
- Feb 25 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on the Retirement of Rep. John Dingell
- Feb 18 Institutional Investors Press Companies for Disclosure of Lobbying in 2014 Shareholder resolutions filed with 48 companies by 60 institutional and individual investors.
- Jan 31 Rep. Henry Waxman: Service with Courage Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on the Retirement of Rep. Henry Waxman
- Jan 29 AFSCME’s Saunders: “Equal Pay Is More Than Dollars and Cents” Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act Anniversary
- Jan 28 AFSCME’s Saunders: “We Must Address Income Inequality in America” Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on President Obama’s State of the Union Address
Our latest edition of AFSCME TV honors several brave Ohio AFSCME snowplow drivers for their efforts to save lives in the line of duty. Members Steve Kinstle, Larry Poage, Ed...
AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders addresses the 2013 Next Wave Conference in Detroit.
AFSCME Sec.-Treas. Laura Reyes addresses the 2013 Next Wave Conference in Detroit.
Confronting Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and Detroit's Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr over their pension-slashing, anti-worker agenda was the objective of more than 600 young AFSCME members at the 2013 Next...
- Jun 03 Nuns Rally w/ Labor on Capitol Hill, Visit Oval Office ...“Nuns on the Bus” gathered with prominent labor leaders and immigration activists at the United... (Paramus Post)
- May 02 Hundreds March on Mayday in San Diego. ..... At the end, Laura Reyes, General Secretary of the United Domestic Workers International and... (Democratic Underground)
- May 02 Reid headlines Las Vegas immigration rally People waving American flags, honking hand-held horns and chanting “Si se puede” — Spanish for... (Associated Press)
- Apr 04 45 years after Martin Luther King shot, "50 days of nonviolence" ...Members of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees labor union, which organized... (Reuters)
- Apr 04 Mayor Wharton Responds To Sanitation Criticism The president of AFSCME tells News Channel 3, he feels the fight to keep Dr.... (WREG Memphis)
- Apr 04 Progressive Groups Revive King’s Message on Anniversary of Mountaintop Speech On the 45th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s final speech at Mason Temple,... (WREG Memphis)
- Feb 13 Public-Sector Workers Rally Against Sequestration …“We’re here to stand up for public services that have been cut to the bone,”... (GovExec.com)
- Feb 13 Union leaders denounce sequestration at DC rally: ‘They want to see us bleed’ …. “That top one and two percent want more power. They want more wealth and... (The Hill)
- Feb 12 Union President on Labor and Black History On the 45th anniversary of the Memphis Sanitation Strike, we spoke to Lee Saunders, AFSCME's... (The Root)
- Feb 12 AFSCME President Slams Pat Quinn, Michael Nutter As 'Turncoats' Who Must 'Pay' One of the top labor leaders in the country ripped into two prominent Democratic lawmakers... (Huffington Post)
- Feb 05 theGrio’s 100: Lee Saunders, organizing America’s largest union Lee Saunders is the first black president of AFSCME. … Saunders made history as the... (theGrio )
- Aug 06 New ad hits GOP over tax cuts Americans United for Change teamed up with the American Federation of State, County and Municipal... (CNN PoliticalTicker)