- Feb 02 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Sec. Hillary Clinton’s Victory in the Iowa Caucus
- Dec 03 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders' Statement on Mass Shooting in San Bernardino, California
- Nov 02 Statement by AFSCME President Lee Saunders and UAW President Dennis Williams on the Obama Administration’s plan to assist Puerto Rico
- Oct 29 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders’ Statement on the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015
- Oct 23 AFSCME Endorses Hillary Clinton The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) announced today that Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton has earned the 1.6 million member union’s endorsement in the 2016 presidential contest.
- Oct 14 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders’ Statement on the Democratic Presidential Debate
- Oct 07 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders’ Statement on the White House Summit on Worker Voice "It was heartening to hear many panelists today talking about the essential role that unions and collective bargaining play in fixing an economy that is badly out of balance and improving incomes for all working people."
- Oct 02 AFSCME Mourns Loss of Leader Marty Beil
- Sep 25 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders’ Statement on Speaker Boehner’s Resignation
- Sep 21 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders’ Statement on Gov. Walker Dropping Out of the Republican Primary for President “This is a clear rebuke of the anti-worker platform on which Governor Walker based his entire presidential campaign."
- Sep 06 AFSCME Hosts Presidential Town Halls Working people in Iowa and nationwide participate in democratic endorsement process.
- Aug 21 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders’ Statement on court decision upholding Fair Labor Standards Act protections for home care workers "With this decision to stand on, we look forward to the Department of Labor’s enforcement of the rule in the states so that all home care workers can finally receive the fair wages they deserve," said Saunders.
There’s a lot of talk about union fair share fees these days. In a case called Friedrichs v. California Teachers Association, the Supreme Court may even consider them.
Highlights from U.S. Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez's keynote speech at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago.
The Reverend Doctor William Barber spoke at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago on Thursday, July 17, 2014.
Watch highlights from AFSCME Secretary-Treasurer Laura Reyes' keynote speech at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago.
- May 06 Merced County, CA makes offers to homecare workers Home-care workers of Merced County got their wish after more than a year of contract... (Merced Sun-Star)
- Jun 03 Nuns Rally w/ Labor on Capitol Hill, Visit Oval Office ...“Nuns on the Bus” gathered with prominent labor leaders and immigration activists at the United... (Paramus Post)
- May 02 Hundreds March on Mayday in San Diego. ..... At the end, Laura Reyes, General Secretary of the United Domestic Workers International and... (Democratic Underground)
- May 02 Reid headlines Las Vegas immigration rally People waving American flags, honking hand-held horns and chanting “Si se puede” — Spanish for... (Associated Press)
- Apr 04 45 years after Martin Luther King shot, "50 days of nonviolence" ...Members of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees labor union, which organized... (Reuters)
- Apr 04 Mayor Wharton Responds To Sanitation Criticism The president of AFSCME tells News Channel 3, he feels the fight to keep Dr.... (WREG Memphis)
- Apr 04 Progressive Groups Revive King’s Message on Anniversary of Mountaintop Speech On the 45th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s final speech at Mason Temple,... (WREG Memphis)
- Feb 13 Public-Sector Workers Rally Against Sequestration …“We’re here to stand up for public services that have been cut to the bone,”... (GovExec.com)
- Feb 13 Union leaders denounce sequestration at DC rally: ‘They want to see us bleed’ …. “That top one and two percent want more power. They want more wealth and... (The Hill)
- Feb 12 Union President on Labor and Black History On the 45th anniversary of the Memphis Sanitation Strike, we spoke to Lee Saunders, AFSCME's... (The Root)
- Feb 12 AFSCME President Slams Pat Quinn, Michael Nutter As 'Turncoats' Who Must 'Pay' One of the top labor leaders in the country ripped into two prominent Democratic lawmakers... (Huffington Post)
- Feb 05 theGrio’s 100: Lee Saunders, organizing America’s largest union Lee Saunders is the first black president of AFSCME. … Saunders made history as the... (theGrio )