- Dec 05 Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on the Death of Nelson Mandela — a Champion of Democracy, Justice and Freedom AFSCME joins the world in mourning the death of Nelson Mandela a champion of democracy, justice and freedom.
- Dec 04 AFSCME's Saunders: “Ruling Paves The Way For The Decimation Of Detroit’s Working Class.”
- Nov 21 Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders: This is a major step toward resolving Senate obstructionism Washington is broken and the extreme partisan gridlock in the Senate is untenable.
- Oct 17 AFSCME’S SAUNDERS: "This shutdown ordeal has come to an end. It should never happen again." "The hardworking women and men of this country deserve better."
- Oct 01 AFSCME’s Saunders: “It’s Time for Governing to Take Precedence over Partisan Posturing” Misguided Vendetta-Fueled Agenda to Repeal Affordable Care Act Must Be Stopped
- Sep 17 AFSCME Applauds Department of Labor for Providing Home Care Workers Wage and Hour Protections Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Updated Regulations in the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Sep 13 Secretary-Treasurer Reyes: Violence Against Women Act Needs Protection, Not Cuts, on Its Anniversary Statement of AFSCME Sec.-Treas. Laura Reyes on the 19th Anniversary of the Violence Against Women Act
- Jul 26 Statement by Secretary-Treasurer Laura Reyes on the 23rd Anniversary of the ADA
- Jul 19 Court Rules in Favor of AFSCME Members, Detroit Bankruptcy Illegal Statement by AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders: Snyder and Orr are not above the law and cannot ignore the Michigan constitution
AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders addresses the 2013 Next Wave Conference in Detroit.
AFSCME Sec.-Treas. Laura Reyes addresses the 2013 Next Wave Conference in Detroit.
Confronting Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and Detroit's Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr over their pension-slashing, anti-worker agenda was the objective of more than 600 young AFSCME members at the 2013 Next...
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder -- the man who signed a heinous right-to-work-for-less law and took away voters' rights with his emergency financial manager law -- calls himself "One Tough Nerd."...
- Jun 03 Nuns Rally w/ Labor on Capitol Hill, Visit Oval Office ...“Nuns on the Bus” gathered with prominent labor leaders and immigration activists at the United... (Paramus Post)
- May 02 Hundreds March on Mayday in San Diego. ..... At the end, Laura Reyes, General Secretary of the United Domestic Workers International and... (Democratic Underground)
- May 02 Reid headlines Las Vegas immigration rally People waving American flags, honking hand-held horns and chanting “Si se puede” — Spanish for... (Associated Press)
- Apr 04 45 years after Martin Luther King shot, "50 days of nonviolence" ...Members of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees labor union, which organized... (Reuters)
- Apr 04 Mayor Wharton Responds To Sanitation Criticism The president of AFSCME tells News Channel 3, he feels the fight to keep Dr.... (WREG Memphis)
- Apr 04 Progressive Groups Revive King’s Message on Anniversary of Mountaintop Speech On the 45th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s final speech at Mason Temple,... (WREG Memphis)
- Feb 13 Public-Sector Workers Rally Against Sequestration …“We’re here to stand up for public services that have been cut to the bone,”... (GovExec.com)
- Feb 13 Union leaders denounce sequestration at DC rally: ‘They want to see us bleed’ …. “That top one and two percent want more power. They want more wealth and... (The Hill)
- Feb 12 Union President on Labor and Black History On the 45th anniversary of the Memphis Sanitation Strike, we spoke to Lee Saunders, AFSCME's... (The Root)
- Feb 12 AFSCME President Slams Pat Quinn, Michael Nutter As 'Turncoats' Who Must 'Pay' One of the top labor leaders in the country ripped into two prominent Democratic lawmakers... (Huffington Post)
- Feb 05 theGrio’s 100: Lee Saunders, organizing America’s largest union Lee Saunders is the first black president of AFSCME. … Saunders made history as the... (theGrio )
- Aug 06 New ad hits GOP over tax cuts Americans United for Change teamed up with the American Federation of State, County and Municipal... (CNN PoliticalTicker)