- May 13 AFSCME Thanks Our Nation’s Law Enforcement Officers for Their Hard Work and Sacrifice Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on National Law Enforcement Officers Week
- May 07 National Correctional Officers’ and Employees’ Week Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders celebrating National Correctional Officers’ and Employees’ Week
- Apr 28 Workers Memorial Day Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Workers Memorial Day
- Apr 17 AFSCME President Lee Saunders on Comprehensive Immigration Reform Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on comprehensive immigration reform legislation
- Apr 11 AFSCME’s Saunders: We Must Strengthen Retirement Security, Not Weaken It Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on the White House’s proposed budget
- Mar 18 AFSCME President Lee Saunders on Nomination of Thomas E. Perez for Secretary of Labor Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on nomination of Thomas E. Perez for Secretary of Labor
- Mar 12 Ryan Budget Is Nothing More than a Time Machine Ride Back to Financial Instability Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Rep. Paul Ryan’s GOP Budget
- Feb 20 Major Investors Call on JPMorgan Chase to Name Independent Board Chair Coalition with $820 million in JPM shares seeks stronger, more independent governance and oversight
- Feb 19 AFSCME’s Saunders on Bowles Simpson Plan Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on the new Bowles Simpson plan
Whether it's the closing of centers that care for the most vulnerable or cuts to Medicare and Social Security, our nation's nurses aren't putting up with proposed reductions in our...
The fact is, this spending vs. taxes debate is largely meaningless. Watch our explainer video to learn about corporate tax breaks, the U.S. Government's secret subsidy program that some in...
Concerned about the quality of patient care and fair treatment on the job, University of California Patient Care Technical Workers -- members of AFSCME Local 3299 --overwhelmingly voted this week...
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was killed on April 4, 1968, after traveling to Memphis to support 1,300 AFSCME sanitation workers who were on strike due to dangerous working conditions,...
- May 02 Hundreds March on Mayday in San Diego. ..... At the end, Laura Reyes, General Secretary of the United Domestic Workers International and... (Democratic Underground)
- May 02 Reid headlines Las Vegas immigration rally People waving American flags, honking hand-held horns and chanting “Si se puede” — Spanish for... (Associated Press)
- Apr 04 45 years after Martin Luther King shot, "50 days of nonviolence" ...Members of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees labor union, which organized... (Reuters)
- Apr 04 Mayor Wharton Responds To Sanitation Criticism The president of AFSCME tells News Channel 3, he feels the fight to keep Dr.... (WREG Memphis)
- Apr 04 Progressive Groups Revive King’s Message on Anniversary of Mountaintop Speech On the 45th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s final speech at Mason Temple,... (WREG Memphis)
- Feb 13 Public-Sector Workers Rally Against Sequestration …“We’re here to stand up for public services that have been cut to the bone,”... (GovExec.com)
- Feb 13 Union leaders denounce sequestration at DC rally: ‘They want to see us bleed’ …. “That top one and two percent want more power. They want more wealth and... (The Hill)
- Feb 12 Union President on Labor and Black History On the 45th anniversary of the Memphis Sanitation Strike, we spoke to Lee Saunders, AFSCME's... (The Root)
- Feb 12 AFSCME President Slams Pat Quinn, Michael Nutter As 'Turncoats' Who Must 'Pay' One of the top labor leaders in the country ripped into two prominent Democratic lawmakers... (Huffington Post)
- Feb 05 theGrio’s 100: Lee Saunders, organizing America’s largest union Lee Saunders is the first black president of AFSCME. … Saunders made history as the... (theGrio )
- Aug 06 New ad hits GOP over tax cuts Americans United for Change teamed up with the American Federation of State, County and Municipal... (CNN PoliticalTicker)
- Jul 08 Newsmakers with Lee Saunders AFSCME’s president discusses his plans for the union, the upcoming presidential election and related issues.... (C-SPAN)