- Mar 18 President Saunders: We Need a Budget That Values Hard Work AFSCME President Lee Saunders made the following statement regarding the Congressional budget proposals.
- Mar 13 Institutional Investors Continue To Press Companies For Disclosure Of Lobbying In 2015 Shareholder resolutions filed with 53 companies by 65 institutional and individual investors.
- Mar 06 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders Statement on February Jobs Report: “Stagnant Wages Continue to Hold Middle-Class Families Back”
- Mar 04 AFSCME’s Saunders: Poll Shows Americans See “Tsunami of a Retirement Crisis” Thanks to 401(k) Schemes For workers and families, the best path to economic peace of mind and a secure retirement has always been through a union.
- Mar 02 AFSCME President Lee Saunders' statement on the passing of longtime AFSCME Political Director Larry Scanlon Saunders: Larry's passion, friendship, and mentorship will be sorely missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Scanlon family.
- Feb 27 AFSCME President Saunders: The Nation Deserves an Apology, Scott Walker Pres. Saunders: "To compare the 100,000 men and women who stood up in Madison and called Governor Walker out for his attack on workers’ freedom to terrorists is disgusting."
- Feb 10 Paid Sick Leave: A Workplace Standard for the 21st Century AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders and Sec.-Treas. Laura Reyes issued the following statements on the reintroduction of the Healthy Families Act.
- Feb 05 After 22 Years, FMLA Has Proven Value to Working Families
- Feb 02 President Obama’s ‘Middle-Class Blueprint’ Would Benefit All Americans Pres. Saunders: After years of misguided austerity dictated by Congress, the budget unveiled today by President Obama signals a major change of direction.
- Jan 23 AFSCME Defies Odds in Organizing; Unions Needed Now More Than Ever
- Jan 20 Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on President Obama’s State of the Union Address
- Jan 17 Martin Luther King Day is Opportunity to Renew His Dream for Justice AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement to commemorate Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Highlights from U.S. Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez's keynote speech at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago.
The Reverend Doctor William Barber spoke at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago on Thursday, July 17, 2014.
Watch highlights from AFSCME Secretary-Treasurer Laura Reyes' keynote speech at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago.
Our latest edition of AFSCME TV honors several brave Ohio AFSCME snowplow drivers for their efforts to save lives in the line of duty. Members Steve Kinstle, Larry Poage, Ed...
- May 06 Merced County, CA makes offers to homecare workers Home-care workers of Merced County got their wish after more than a year of contract... (Merced Sun-Star)
- Jun 03 Nuns Rally w/ Labor on Capitol Hill, Visit Oval Office ...“Nuns on the Bus” gathered with prominent labor leaders and immigration activists at the United... (Paramus Post)
- May 02 Hundreds March on Mayday in San Diego. ..... At the end, Laura Reyes, General Secretary of the United Domestic Workers International and... (Democratic Underground)
- May 02 Reid headlines Las Vegas immigration rally People waving American flags, honking hand-held horns and chanting “Si se puede” — Spanish for... (Associated Press)
- Apr 04 45 years after Martin Luther King shot, "50 days of nonviolence" ...Members of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees labor union, which organized... (Reuters)
- Apr 04 Mayor Wharton Responds To Sanitation Criticism The president of AFSCME tells News Channel 3, he feels the fight to keep Dr.... (WREG Memphis)
- Apr 04 Progressive Groups Revive King’s Message on Anniversary of Mountaintop Speech On the 45th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s final speech at Mason Temple,... (WREG Memphis)
- Feb 13 Public-Sector Workers Rally Against Sequestration …“We’re here to stand up for public services that have been cut to the bone,”... (GovExec.com)
- Feb 13 Union leaders denounce sequestration at DC rally: ‘They want to see us bleed’ …. “That top one and two percent want more power. They want more wealth and... (The Hill)
- Feb 12 Union President on Labor and Black History On the 45th anniversary of the Memphis Sanitation Strike, we spoke to Lee Saunders, AFSCME's... (The Root)
- Feb 12 AFSCME President Slams Pat Quinn, Michael Nutter As 'Turncoats' Who Must 'Pay' One of the top labor leaders in the country ripped into two prominent Democratic lawmakers... (Huffington Post)
- Feb 05 theGrio’s 100: Lee Saunders, organizing America’s largest union Lee Saunders is the first black president of AFSCME. … Saunders made history as the... (theGrio )