- Oct 07 AFSCME Statement on DOL Announcement re: Overtime Protections For Home Care Workers AFSCME supports the administration’s continuing commitment to implementation of overtime protections for home care workers as scheduled.
- Sep 23 Stop Corporate Inversion: Restore Economic Patriotism AFSCME supports efforts to make corporations pay their fair share.
- Sep 22 Public Service Union Champions Higher Education AFSCME Partners with the Thurgood Marshall College Fund
- Aug 20 AFSCME Stands in Solidarity with Ferguson Community AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement in regards to the situation in Ferguson, Missouri.
- Jul 24 An Increase in the Minimum Wage Is Long Past Due It has been seven years since Congress passed a minimum wage increase and five long years since that increase, to $7.25, went into effect.
- Jul 23 The Affordable Care Act ‘Will Continue to Help Families’ AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement today on the D.C. Court of Appeals ruling in Halbig v. Burwell.
- Jun 30 Home Care, Child Care Providers Resolute in Face of Supreme Court Decision Home care and child care workers will continue to stand up for quality care in the wake of the Supreme Court ruling in Harris v. Quinn today.
- Jun 19 AFSCME Stands in Solidarity with Edward Lane Supreme Court Ruling in Lane v. Franks a victory for free speech
- Jun 11 AFSCME Stands with Teachers in Vergara v. California AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued this statement following the Los Angeles County Superior Court’s decision in Vergara v. California.
- May 27 AFSCME Lauds Representative Lynch’s Bill Establishing National EMS Memorial, Urges Swift Passage AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement today urging Congress to take action on the H.R. 4690, a bill to establish a National EMS Memorial.
- May 15 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on National Police Week This week, we join law enforcement officers nationwide in paying tribute to those who lost their lives in the line of duty, and we thank them as well for risking all every day to keep us safe.
- May 15 Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders: Congress Must Guarantee the Right to Vote
Highlights from U.S. Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez's keynote speech at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago.
The Reverend Doctor William Barber spoke at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago on Thursday, July 17, 2014.
Watch highlights from AFSCME Secretary-Treasurer Laura Reyes' keynote speech at AFSCME's 41st International Convention in Chicago.
Our latest edition of AFSCME TV honors several brave Ohio AFSCME snowplow drivers for their efforts to save lives in the line of duty. Members Steve Kinstle, Larry Poage, Ed...
- May 06 Merced County, CA makes offers to homecare workers Home-care workers of Merced County got their wish after more than a year of contract... (Merced Sun-Star)
- Jun 03 Nuns Rally w/ Labor on Capitol Hill, Visit Oval Office ...“Nuns on the Bus” gathered with prominent labor leaders and immigration activists at the United... (Paramus Post)
- May 02 Hundreds March on Mayday in San Diego. ..... At the end, Laura Reyes, General Secretary of the United Domestic Workers International and... (Democratic Underground)
- May 02 Reid headlines Las Vegas immigration rally People waving American flags, honking hand-held horns and chanting “Si se puede” — Spanish for... (Associated Press)
- Apr 04 45 years after Martin Luther King shot, "50 days of nonviolence" ...Members of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees labor union, which organized... (Reuters)
- Apr 04 Mayor Wharton Responds To Sanitation Criticism The president of AFSCME tells News Channel 3, he feels the fight to keep Dr.... (WREG Memphis)
- Apr 04 Progressive Groups Revive King’s Message on Anniversary of Mountaintop Speech On the 45th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s final speech at Mason Temple,... (WREG Memphis)
- Feb 13 Public-Sector Workers Rally Against Sequestration …“We’re here to stand up for public services that have been cut to the bone,”... (GovExec.com)
- Feb 13 Union leaders denounce sequestration at DC rally: ‘They want to see us bleed’ …. “That top one and two percent want more power. They want more wealth and... (The Hill)
- Feb 12 Union President on Labor and Black History On the 45th anniversary of the Memphis Sanitation Strike, we spoke to Lee Saunders, AFSCME's... (The Root)
- Feb 12 AFSCME President Slams Pat Quinn, Michael Nutter As 'Turncoats' Who Must 'Pay' One of the top labor leaders in the country ripped into two prominent Democratic lawmakers... (Huffington Post)
- Feb 05 theGrio’s 100: Lee Saunders, organizing America’s largest union Lee Saunders is the first black president of AFSCME. … Saunders made history as the... (theGrio )