From the Leadership
- Dec 11 For a Nation on the Edge and in the Margins, There Are Swindles or Solutions Donald Trump is boiling years of extremist attacks on working people, immigrants and the poor down to a bitter sludge and serving it up to a thirsty, unsettled public that decreasingly believes it will ever have a shot at a middle-class existence.
- Sep 02 Americans Already Know How to Fix This Economy The recovery doesn't seem to be coming fast enough. The wealthiest few are getting richer while most Americans' wages are actually declining. How do we move forward? Rebuilding the middle class is a pretty big order.
- Aug 14 Here's to 80 Years of Social Security -- and at Least 80 More Social Security is a major source of income for most of the seniors in this country; 9 out of 10 individuals older than 65 receive Social Security retirement payments. It’s one of our most beloved government institutions.
- More »
- Sep 02 Reyes: Criminal Justice Should Not Be Profit Center Our criminal justice system should not be powered by companies with a profit incentive. Upholding the law is inherently a function of government. It was never meant to be profitable. The top priority in any prison should be community safety.
- Jun 23 How Unions Improve the Lives of Every Worker It's well established that union members earn substantially more than nonunion workers ($207 more a week). What is less well known are the advantages that unions provide for all workers, not just those who belong to unions.
- May 07 Our Children Need to Hear Us Talk About Unions We've come a long way in this country, but certainly not always in the right direction when it comes to speaking openly and proudly about the value of unions.
- More »