From the Leadership
- Jul 10 Principle Is a Terrible Thing to Waste Last month, United Negro College Fund President Michael Lomax announced that his organization has received a $25-million grant from the billionaire industrialist Koch brothers. I sent the following letter to him.
- Jun 30 Statement from AFSCME President Lee Saunders Today’s Supreme Court decision does not dampen the resolve of home care workers and child care providers to come together to have a strong voice for good jobs and to give care to millions of seniors, people with disabilities and children.
- Jun 11 AFSCME Stands with Teachers in Vergara v. California AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued this statement following the Los Angeles County Superior Court’s decision in Vergara v. California.
- More »
- Jul 08 The Supreme Court's Crafty Minefield In a 5-4 Harris v. Quinn decision authored by Justice Samuel Alito, the Court doubled down on its anti-worker, pro-corporate personhood agenda.
- Jun 10 Unions Still Lead the Way to Equal Pay for Women Women who belong to a union earn, on average, 11 percent more than non-union workers.
- May 08 What Moms Really Want "We know that our issues are at the heart of how we support working families in America and how we must strengthen our nation's fragile economic health."
- More »