From the Leadership
- Mar 07 Workers’ Voices Keep Our Communities Safe It’s important for our communities to know that, as public service workers, we never quit. Our streets will always need cleaning, our neighborhoods will always demand safety. We do this work not to get rich, but because it matters.
- Feb 16 Government Didn’t Fail Flint, Austerity Did The tragedy in Flint is not just a failure of Michigan Governor Rick Snyder. It is a completely predictable failure of austerity.
- Jan 29 Raises, Not Roses The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act was a victory and a necessary step to help fight pay discrimination, but seven years later, we need to do even more.
- More »
- Mar 10 Election 2016: A Chance to Make Change Work for Us This is our time to make our case for economic justice — for all workers!
- Feb 22 Women Step Up to Make Change Happen for Hillary Clinton Women in our union are rising to enthusiastically support a candidate for president who is the most qualified, the best prepared and the fiercest defender of America’s families.
- Sep 02 Reyes: Criminal Justice Should Not Be Profit Center Our criminal justice system should not be powered by companies with a profit incentive. Upholding the law is inherently a function of government. It was never meant to be profitable. The top priority in any prison should be community safety.
- More »