From the Leadership
- Apr 16 The 'Inexcusable' Assault on Workers in Wisconsin Just like the band that kept playing as the Titanic went down, Walker pretends that the right-to-work scam will lure employers to Wisconsin and somehow assist working families.
- Apr 13 Secretary Clinton offered a strong message for working families Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Secretary Clinton’s announcement.
- Apr 07 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders Statement on National Healthy Schools Day, April 7, 2015 Saunders: “No question that quality public schools are a gateway to the middle class for millions of American children.”
- More »
- May 07 Our Children Need to Hear Us Talk About Unions We've come a long way in this country, but certainly not always in the right direction when it comes to speaking openly and proudly about the value of unions.
- Apr 21 Our Nation's Pay Policies Are Due for a Checkup The United States is one of the only developed nations in the world where workers don't have the legal right to take a sick day. This status quo is at odds with overwhelming popular opinion.
- Mar 30 For Women, History is Happening Now We celebrate Women's History Month in March, mindful that what our predecessors fought for in decades past -- justice for all workers, equal pay -- is still at the forefront of our work today in the labor movement.
- More »