From the Leadership
- Aug 11 New Koch, Same as the Old Koch Don't be fooled by the recent USA Today column in which Charles Koch, a man who made billions while trampling workers' rights, shares his supposed deep concern for working families, young people and the disadvantaged.
- Jul 30 Why the Anti-Union Argument Loses Every Time We at AFSCME are not hanging our heads. Instead, energized members are helping us grow in the face of the raging anti-union storm.
- Jul 10 Principle Is a Terrible Thing to Waste Last month, United Negro College Fund President Michael Lomax announced that his organization has received a $25-million grant from the billionaire industrialist Koch brothers. I sent the following letter to him.
- More »
- Oct 07 #TurnOutForWhat? Our Values For A Start. At AFSCME, we've recently launched the #TurnOutForWhat campaign on Twitter and Facebook.
- Aug 28 #WEmatter and We Demand Change For too long the needs of women and families have been dismissed by our elected officials, as if women, who make up more than 50 percent of the population, are a special interest group seeking special treatment.
- Jul 08 The Supreme Court's Crafty Minefield In a 5-4 Harris v. Quinn decision authored by Justice Samuel Alito, the Court doubled down on its anti-worker, pro-corporate personhood agenda.
- More »