From the Leadership
- Jan 16 We Have Cure for What Ails State of the Union When President Obama delivers the State of the Union address, he'll be able to celebrate a strengthening economy. Yet, most Americans aren't exactly high-fiving each other. Never mind the state of the union; the state of their households isn't great.
- Dec 21 Statement by Lee Saunders on the murders of two New York City Police Officers The senseless, tragic murders of two NYPD officers are agonizing reminders that the hard-working men and women of law enforcement put their lives at risk every day to protect us.
- Nov 26 Congress Should Respect Our Great Nation of Immigrants What our nation needs is for Congress to do its job and pass a bill. Only comprehensive immigration reform approved by Congress and signed by the President can permanently fix our nation's immigration system.
- More »
- Dec 09 Pregnancy Should Not Be a Disqualification Pregnancy should not cost women their paychecks. But that's exactly what happened to UPS delivery driver Peggy Young when she became pregnant in 2006.
- Oct 07 #TurnOutForWhat? Our Values For A Start. At AFSCME, we've recently launched the #TurnOutForWhat campaign on Twitter and Facebook.
- Aug 28 #WEmatter and We Demand Change For too long the needs of women and families have been dismissed by our elected officials, as if women, who make up more than 50 percent of the population, are a special interest group seeking special treatment.
- More »