RSS Feed 2015 Press Releases
- Feb 27 AFSCME President Saunders: The Nation Deserves an Apology, Scott Walker Pres. Saunders: "To compare the 100,000 men and women who stood up in Madison and called Governor Walker out for his attack on workers’ freedom to terrorists is disgusting."
- Feb 10 Paid Sick Leave: A Workplace Standard for the 21st Century AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders and Sec.-Treas. Laura Reyes issued the following statements on the reintroduction of the Healthy Families Act.
- Feb 05 After 22 Years, FMLA Has Proven Value to Working Families
- Feb 02 President Obama’s ‘Middle-Class Blueprint’ Would Benefit All Americans Pres. Saunders: After years of misguided austerity dictated by Congress, the budget unveiled today by President Obama signals a major change of direction.
- Jan 23 AFSCME Defies Odds in Organizing; Unions Needed Now More Than Ever
- Jan 20 Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on President Obama’s State of the Union Address
- Jan 17 Martin Luther King Day is Opportunity to Renew His Dream for Justice AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement to commemorate Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Jan 15 Obama’s Paid Sick Leave Initiative ‘Common Sense Solution’
- Jan 15 AFSCME’s President Lee Saunders: Federal Court Deals “Another Slap in the Face” to Hardworking Caregivers U.S. District Judge Richard Leon, a 2002 George W. Bush appointee, today denied overtime and minimum wage requirements to 2 million home health care workers.