Are You in an Abusive Relationship?
Following is a list of some of the characteristics common in abusive relationships.
- Does your partner continually criticize what you wear, what you say, how you act and how you look?
- Does your partner often call you insulting and degrading names?
- Do you feel like you need to ask permission to go out and see your friends and family?
- Do you feel like no matter what you do, everything is always your fault?
- When you're late getting home, does your partner harass you about where you were and who you were with?
- Is your partner so jealous that you're always being accused of having affairs?
- Has your partner threatened to hurt you or the children if you leave?
- Does your partner force you to have sex whether you want to or not?
- Has your partner threatened to hit you?
- Has your partner ever pushed, shoved or slapped you?