Many stewards say their most difficult task is communicating with members who believe they have a legitimate grievance when a thorough investigation shows it is not grievable.
This will guide stewards, activists and members through the five steps of the grievance process. Knowing how to navigate a grievance and move it through these steps will help you...
If you lead union meetings or need to have a crucial conversation, you know that good preparation matters. Join us as we guide you through the use of a powerful...
The thousands of AFSCME Strong member-to-member conversations taking place around the country have identified workplace problems that are unlikely to be resolved through typical methods. Many local unions are getting...
- Oct 28 In Maryland, AFSCME Strong Secured an Anti-Outsourcing Victory Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan should have thought to ask Manisha Patel how she felt about her job before he tried to outsource it to a private contractor. (Blog)
- Oct 20 Fighting for Better Patient Care and R-E-S-P-E-C-T in Connecticut More than 900 Connecticut hospital workers are new AFSCME members. (Blog)
- Oct 17 Two Hundred-Plus County Employees Join AFSCME in Indy 230 Marion County workers choose AFSCME after newly elected officials granted their employees the right to bargain collectively. (Blog)
- Oct 05 California Public Workers Find Strength with AFSCME More than 6,000 workers are teaming up with AFSCME. (Blog)
- Aug 23 Coups de Main to Lift up Louisianans in Their Time of Need AFSCME Volunteer Member Organizers show “coups de main” to help lift Louisianans in need. (Blog)
- Jul 19 Free College: An Exclusive New Benefit for AFSCME Members AFSCME is introducing a new program that allows AFSCME members in the state to earn an online associate degree from the college at no cost! (Blog)
- Jun 30 Community Support Boosts Maui Lifeguards in Win for Fair Contract Lifeguards in Maui County, Hawaii, won a fair contract, but It took a public campaign by HGEA members to achieve their victory. (Blog)
- Jun 21 Less Harry Potter but Just As Much Magic for This AFSCME Strong Activist Stephanie Davis, a library clerk in Louisville, Kentucky, would much rather spend a quiet weekend at home than having one-on-one conversations with strangers. But the AFSCME Strong training changed that. (Blog)
- Jun 21 For Council 3 in Maryland, AFSCME Strong Is Foundation of Anti-Outsourcing Victory When Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan tried to outsource nearly 70 dietary services jobs, AFSCME Council 3 workers rallied to prove their union strength. (Blog)
- Jun 07 Becoming AFSCME Strong One Door at a Time After an intensive AFSCME Strong training session, AFSCME Florida leaders across North Florida are taking lessons they learned back to their fellow members. (Blog)
- Jun 02 Obama: In the ‘Good Old Days,’ Unions Were Strong and Workers Better Off It’s time to make America great again! Time to return to the good old union days. (Blog)
- May 23 On the (AFSCME Strong) Road Again Minnesota state patrol vehicle inspector Jim Ullmer Jr. recently traveled 1,009 miles to talk to members. He’s AFSCME Strong! (Blog)
AFSCME organizers are committed to helping workers gain power on the job. Do you have what it takes?
There are immediate openings in AFSCME’s Apprenticeship and Organizer-in-Training programs. If you are interested in becoming an AFSCME organizer, fill out this form!