- Mar 16 Trump’s Budget Plan a Disaster for Working People, Poor President Trump’s budget plan “cuts nearly everything that matters to working families,” said President Lee Saunders. Here’s what it does and doesn’t do. (Blog)
- Mar 16 Strength to Meet the Challenges Ahead AFSCME’s commitment to organize and protect working people and challenge management to treat them with fairness, dignity and respect continues unabated despite a hostile political environment. (Blog)
- Mar 15 How Trump’s Voters Stand to Lose If President Trump really wants to go to bat for the people who voted for him, he won’t slash government safety net programs. (Blog)
- Mar 13 Corporations are NOT People – But Does Trump’s Supreme Court Nominee Know That? AFSCME is urging you to call your U.S. senators, too many of whom seem prepared to confirm Judge Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, even though he refuses to answer simple questions. (Blog)
- Feb 28 We'll Be Listening Closely Working people want to know if President Donald Trump, who addresses a joint session of Congress tonight, will keep his campaign promises to create economic opportunity and make life better for them. (Blog)
- Feb 23 Illinois State Employees Vote to Authorize Strike In the first-ever strike authorization vote, 81 percent of Illinois state workers voted to give their bargaining committee the authority to call a strike if necessary. (Blog)
- Feb 21 AFSCME Stands by Public Workers in Iowa AFSCME is fighting back in Iowa against the latest attempt to silence the voices of working people and take away their ability to negotiate together for better wages and working conditions. (Blog)
- Feb 17 The Financial Services Industry Doesn’t Want You to Care About This. We Do. Financial advisers should consider your best interests over their own, but the financial industry – and the Trump administration – have a different agenda. (Blog)
- Feb 16 Working Families Win Big in New Hampshire Working families won big in New Hampshire today as state lawmakers voted by a wide margin to kill a right-to-work bill. (Blog)
- Feb 15 Good Riddance. Puzder Out as Labor Secretary Nominee Trump’s nominee for labor secretary, fast food CEO Andrew Puzder, has withdrawn his name from consideration. Will Trump’s next choice be someone who stands up for working families? (Blog)
- Feb 15 We Must Be Vigilant on Health Care The Affordable Care Act, Medicare, and Medicaid are all at risk of being gutted. It’s up to us to protect them. (Blog)
- Feb 13 Playing Politics with a Child’s Life In Illinois, politics could imperil an infant’s life. (Blog)
- Sep 03 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Donald Trump’s Visit to Detroit
- Jul 22 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Hillary Clinton’s Selection of Tim Kaine for VP
- Jul 19 Hillary Clinton Addresses AFSCME Convention Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee to public service workers: “When unions are strong, America is strong” (Press Release)
AFSCME members Stephen Mittons and Dovard Howard joined dozens of other public employees on the steps of the Supreme Court to reiterate the vital role their unions play in helping...
Stephanie Wiley is a child care attendant in Ohio. Every day, she wakes up before the sun rises to help children with special needs who ride the bus to school....
You know what’s the worst? Extremist right-wing shenanigans. Pull up a chair, open a beverage, and let’s talk about it.
Raise the retirement age? Work longer hours? Retirees read aloud for themselves some of the out-of-touch right-wing ideas to come from the Presidential candidates. Their reactions are worth a watch....