- Feb 12 Budget Proposal Includes Help for Working Families With his latest budget proposal, President Obama is sending a strong message to Congress: the economy may be improving, but without serious investments in healthcare, education and infrastructure, the middle class will be left behind. (Blog)
- Feb 10 The Future for Black Workers A new report concludes that now, more than ever before, African-American workers today need good public-sector jobs with strong benefits and wages. (Blog)
- Feb 01 AFSCME Volunteers Rally with Bill Clinton in Iowa 400-plus volunteers from AFSCME and other unions joined former President Bill Clinton in Iowa for a Get Out The Caucus event. (Blog)
- Feb 01 In Florida, Stepping Up the Drive for Respect Florida state employees, who have gone eight years without a pay increase, are telling elected officials it’s time for a change. (Blog)
- Feb 01 Why Hillary Clinton Matters to Iowans AFSCME Iowa Council 61 Pres. Danny Homan: “In 2016, our candidate for president is Hillary Clinton. Put simply, she gets it.” (Blog)
- Jan 29 AFSCME Members Wrestle with ‘Snowzilla’ AFSCME members throughout the East helped communities prepare for and recover from the historic blizzard nicknamed Snowzilla. (Blog)
- Jan 28 VIDEO: Hillary Stands with Workers More than 400 rank-and-file union members and their families from 23 unions in Davenport, Iowa, canvassed and rallied for Secretary Hillary Clinton in just one day. (Blog)
- Jan 28 Maryland Members in Tough Budget Fight AFSCME Maryland Council 3 members were able to restore step raises in this year’s budget, but they will face fights over proposed job cuts and outsourcing of state services. (Blog)
- Jan 27 Oregon AFSCME Alerts Members to Friedrichs Threat Members of AFSCME Oregon spent the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday by spreading the word about the threat posed by a Supreme Court case. (Blog)
- Jan 20 Change the Rules, Be the Power: Dr. King Honored with Recommitment to His Ideals The partnership between minorities and labor has never been more vital than it is today. The power of that solidarity was the overwhelming theme of the 2016 Martin Luther King Jr. Civil and Human Rights Conference. (Blog)
- Jan 20 Middle Class Fall Tied Directly to Union Decline More than one-third of the decline in the middle class during the past 30 years is explained by the decline in union coverage, a new study reveals. (Blog)
- Jan 19 AFL-CIO Sees Positive Movement on Wages Working people last year won significant victories in efforts to improve wages and working conditions, reports the AFL-CIO in a new study. (Blog)
- Feb 02 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Sec. Hillary Clinton’s Victory in the Iowa Caucus
- Dec 11 For a Nation on the Edge and in the Margins, There Are Swindles or Solutions Donald Trump is boiling years of extremist attacks on working people, immigrants and the poor... (Medium)
- Sep 25 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders’ Statement on Speaker Boehner’s Resignation
- Sep 21 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders’ Statement on Gov. Walker Dropping Out of the Republican Primary for President “This is a clear rebuke of the anti-worker platform on which Governor Walker based his entire presidential campaign." (Press Release)
- Sep 06 AFSCME Hosts Presidential Town Halls Working people in Iowa and nationwide participate in democratic endorsement process. (Press Release)
- Jun 10 Candidate Quotes from AFSCME Presidential Endorsement Meetings This week, members of our International Executive Board board met with Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton, Governor Martin O’Malley, and Senator Bernie Sanders. (Press Release)
- Apr 16 The 'Inexcusable' Assault on Workers in Wisconsin Just like the band that kept playing as the Titanic went down, Walker pretends that... (The Huffington Post)
- Mar 20 Koch Brothers Should Return $157 Million in Government Subsidies Koch Industries and their parent companies receive a total of $157 million in state and... (PR Watch)
- Nov 04 We Demand a Shot at the American Dream On Election Day, the American people have an answer for politicians who say we do... (The Huffington Post)
- Feb 03 Study Finds Affordable Care Act Improves Incomes of the Bottom 20%
- Feb 03 Obama Delivers State of the Union Address
- Oct 01 AFSCME’s Saunders: “It’s Time for Governing to Take Precedence over Partisan Posturing” Misguided Vendetta-Fueled Agenda to Repeal Affordable Care Act Must Be Stopped (Press Release)
AFSCME members Stephen Mittons and Dovard Howard joined dozens of other public employees on the steps of the Supreme Court to reiterate the vital role their unions play in helping...
Stephanie Wiley is a child care attendant in Ohio. Every day, she wakes up before the sun rises to help children with special needs who ride the bus to school....
You know what’s the worst? Extremist right-wing shenanigans. Pull up a chair, open a beverage, and let’s talk about it.
Raise the retirement age? Work longer hours? Retirees read aloud for themselves some of the out-of-touch right-wing ideas to come from the Presidential candidates. Their reactions are worth a watch....