- Jan 13 Let’s Not Forget: Obamacare Saves Lives The Affordable Care Act barred insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions and made it possible for 30 million people to get insured. (Blog)
- Jan 13 A Threat to Public Service Workers is Headed Our Way – We’re Ready The U.S. Supreme Court may soon consider a case that could make it more difficult for public service workers to improve their jobs, wages and benefits through their unions. (Blog)
- Jan 12 30 Million Reasons Not to Repeal Health Care Congressional opponents of the Affordable Care Act took their first step to repeal the health care law, but they don’t have a substitute. (Blog)
- Jan 11 In Farewell Address, Obama Speaks to Working Families’ Struggles In his farewell address to the nation, President Obama spoke about the critical role the labor movement and working families have played in America’s history. (Blog)
- Jan 11 Seriously? $1 Federal Pay? Congress could slash salaries of individual federal employees to as low as $1 under an obscure rule revived by right-wing lawmakers. (Blog)
- Jan 09 Working Families Lose Ground in Kentucky. So Sad. Kentucky has taken a step backward in helping workers get ahead, passing a so-called right-to-work law that will make it harder for working families to earn a living wage. (Blog)
- Jan 09 #YesWeCan: Obama Came Through for Working People The first bill President Obama signed into law helped stop unfair pay discrimination against women, setting the tone for his legacy of standing up for working people. (Blog)
- Jan 05 Public Services or Private Services? Trump’s Picks Favor Privatization All Around Donald Trump’s choices for his administration are ready to give the store away when they get into office, privatizing public services and even Social Security and Medicare. (Blog)
- Jan 04 Congress Poised to Act Against Working Families Worried about the new Congress? You should be. Congressional leaders have working families in their sights, and we all need to be prepared to fight back. (Blog)
- Jan 04 The Days Ahead Hold Dangers for Public Employees The coming year presents increased threats to public service workers because the elections increased the power of right-wing lawmakers at local and state levels. (Blog)
- Jan 03 Trump Doesn’t Speak for Working Americans Unions, not President-elect Donald Trump or the 115th Congress, give working people a powerful voice. (Blog)
- Dec 23 Ohio Gov Blocks Minimum Wage Vote in Cleveland Clevelanders won’t be able to decide next year if employers in their city should pay workers at least $15 an hour, thanks to Ohio Gov. John Kasich. (Blog)
- Sep 03 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Donald Trump’s Visit to Detroit
- Jul 22 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Hillary Clinton’s Selection of Tim Kaine for VP
- Jul 19 Hillary Clinton Addresses AFSCME Convention Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee to public service workers: “When unions are strong, America is strong” (Press Release)
- Jul 09 Labor Leaders Win Strong Fair-Trade Platform Language
- Jul 05 AFSCME Members Welcome Secretary Hillary Clinton at 42nd International Convention Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee will address thousands of public service workers in Las Vegas and countless more through Facebook livestream (Press Release)
- Jun 07 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders: “Now Is The Time To Unite For Working Families”
- Apr 26 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Sec. Hillary Clinton’s Victories in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Connecticut
- Apr 19 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Sec. Hillary Clinton’s Victory in New York
- Mar 16 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Hillary Clinton’s Victories in Florida, Ohio, Illinois, and North Carolina
AFSCME members Stephen Mittons and Dovard Howard joined dozens of other public employees on the steps of the Supreme Court to reiterate the vital role their unions play in helping...
Stephanie Wiley is a child care attendant in Ohio. Every day, she wakes up before the sun rises to help children with special needs who ride the bus to school....
You know what’s the worst? Extremist right-wing shenanigans. Pull up a chair, open a beverage, and let’s talk about it.
Raise the retirement age? Work longer hours? Retirees read aloud for themselves some of the out-of-touch right-wing ideas to come from the Presidential candidates. Their reactions are worth a watch....