- Nov 12 Florida Members Endorse Murphy for U.S. Senate Pointing to his accessibility and willingness to fight for working families, the men and women of AFSCME Florida announced that U.S. Rep. Patrick E. Murphy has earned their endorsement in his campaign for U.S. Senate. (Blog)
- Aug 31 Thousands Protest Koch Brothers ‘Summit’ More than 3,000 AFSCME and fellow union members, retirees and supporters turned out in Columbus to send a loud and clear message to the Koch brothers: The American Dream is not for sale. (Blog)
- Aug 20 Back-to-School Time Is AFSCME Time For the members of Florida's Local 1184, back-to-school time was the best opportunity to talk with their co-workers about why they should join the union. (Blog)
- Jul 30 Walker’s No Harley Guy The Definition of Irony: Scott Walker, the anti-union governor from Wisconsin, has made the union-made Harley-Davidson motorcycle a centerpiece of the first tour of his presidential campaign. (Blog)
- Jul 23 Challenging ‘Political’ Supreme Court If the Supreme Court makes a partisan ruling in Friedrichs v. California Teachers Association, undermining the ability of public sector workers to band together on the job, it would further manipulate the political system against working families. (Blog)
- Jul 23 VIDEO: Bad Bosses Working Overtime AFSCME’s new video puts these bad-boss ideas promoted by candidates for President into the context of bad bosses we know and hate in modern culture. Why are these rich politicians picking on American workers anyway? (Blog)
- Jul 14 Minnesota vs. Wisconsin: A Tale of Two States Now that he’s officially running for President, it’s important to look across the border to Minnesota in order to understand just how disastrous Scott Walker has been for Wisconsin’s economy. (Blog)
- Jun 16 Walker Auditions as National Union-Killer Gov. Walker’s ambition, if he becomes president, is to do on a national scale what he did in the Badger State: destroy workers’ rights by undermining their unions. (Blog)
- Jun 09 AFSCME Board Meets with U.S. Presidential Candidates Beginning a Presidential endorsement process that will engage the voices and priorities of 1.6 million members, the AFSCME International Executive Board met over two days with three Democratic candidates. (Blog)
- Apr 16 Indianapolis Local Signs-Up Nearly 400 MVPs in One Week Thanks to a new city ordinance championed by AFSCME, union members in one Indianapolis AFSCME local has already signed up nearly 400 new PEOPLE MVPs. (Blog)
- Jan 30 Indiana’s ‘Pravda on the Plains’ Gets Shut Down After a public outrcry Indiana Gov. Mike Pence pulled the plug just days after word got out that he was planning to launch a state-run, taxpayer-funded news service that would offer pre-written news stories and breaking news about his administration. (Blog)
- Nov 21 AFSCME Retiree Wins City Council Seat Steve Barrows says his experiences with AFSCME Local 1574 gave him the skills needed to run for office. “My background as a union member gave me confidence over the years as I attended conventions and took on leadership roles in the local,” he says. (Blog)
- Sep 25 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders’ Statement on Speaker Boehner’s Resignation
- Sep 21 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders’ Statement on Gov. Walker Dropping Out of the Republican Primary for President “This is a clear rebuke of the anti-worker platform on which Governor Walker based his entire presidential campaign." (Press Release)
- Sep 06 AFSCME Hosts Presidential Town Halls Working people in Iowa and nationwide participate in democratic endorsement process. (Press Release)
- Jun 10 Candidate Quotes from AFSCME Presidential Endorsement Meetings This week, members of our International Executive Board board met with Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton, Governor Martin O’Malley, and Senator Bernie Sanders. (Press Release)
- Apr 16 The 'Inexcusable' Assault on Workers in Wisconsin Just like the band that kept playing as the Titanic went down, Walker pretends that... (The Huffington Post)
- Mar 20 Koch Brothers Should Return $157 Million in Government Subsidies Koch Industries and their parent companies receive a total of $157 million in state and... (PR Watch)
- Oct 01 AFSCME’s Saunders: “It’s Time for Governing to Take Precedence over Partisan Posturing” Misguided Vendetta-Fueled Agenda to Repeal Affordable Care Act Must Be Stopped (Press Release)
- Sep 13 Secretary-Treasurer Reyes: Violence Against Women Act Needs Protection, Not Cuts, on Its Anniversary Statement of AFSCME Sec.-Treas. Laura Reyes on the 19th Anniversary of the Violence Against Women Act (Press Release)
- Sep 12 When Trust Turns to Rust in the Motor City In Rick Snyder's Michigan, there's no money to make good on the pensions seniors in... (Huffington Post)
You know what’s the worst? Extremist right-wing shenanigans. Pull up a chair, open a beverage, and let’s talk about it.
Raise the retirement age? Work longer hours? Retirees read aloud for themselves some of the out-of-touch right-wing ideas to come from the Presidential candidates. Their reactions are worth a watch....
The fact is, this spending vs. taxes debate is largely meaningless. Watch our explainer video to learn about corporate tax breaks, the U.S. Government's secret subsidy program that some in...
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was killed on April 4, 1968, after traveling to Memphis to support 1,300 AFSCME sanitation workers who were on strike due to dangerous working conditions,...