- May 13 Wisconsin AFSCME Local 903 Members Take Activism Seriously Four union members represent their communities in city and county governments. (Blog)
- May 09 Same Class Warfare, New Class Warriors Wealthy politicians and “philanthropists” attack pension benefits for retired librarians, teachers, and street crew workers. (Blog)
- May 03 Fair Jobs, Fair Housing, Fair Marriage LGBT advocates hope this will be the year to eliminate workplace and housing discrimination. (Blog)
- May 02 May Day Rallies Reflect Urgency of Immigration Reform In more than 100 cities, May Day was commemorated with marches, rallies and prayer vigils. (Blog)
- May 01 At NYC Rally, Supporters of Child Care Protest City’s Early Learn Program Program has led to a decline in the number of children receiving public child care. (Blog)
- May 01 AFSCME Members Prevail in Florida Pension Fight State Senate rejects ALEC-backed plan that would have undermined workers’ retirement security. (Blog)
- Apr 24 Paid Sick Leave: A Reform that Makes Sense Secretary-Treasurer Reyes: It’s good for workers and it’s good for our economy. (Blog)
- Apr 17 Saunders: Immigration Bill “a Giant Step” Toward Fixing Immigration System The bill seeks both to further secure the country’s borders and assimilate 11 million immigrants. (Blog)
- Apr 16 Library Workers Will Not Be Shushed Celebrate National Library Workers Day by demanding full funding for our libraries. (Blog)
- Apr 15 Tax Day Taxes make public services and communities possible. We’re proud to invest in our common good. (Blog)
- Apr 12 ‘Furlough Day’ No Laughing Matter AFSCME’s Saul Schniderman pens parody of “Banana Boat” song to make a point. (Blog)
- Apr 12 5 Things Your Tax Guy Didn’t Tell You Here are five things you probably won’t learn from your 1040. (Blog)
- Apr 25 Minnesota child-care union would help kids Everyone benefits if providers are given the right to form a union. (Star Tribune)
- Apr 17 AFSCME President Lee Saunders on Comprehensive Immigration Reform Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on comprehensive immigration reform legislation (Press Release)
- Apr 11 AFSCME’s Saunders: We Must Strengthen Retirement Security, Not Weaken It Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on the White House’s proposed budget (Press Release)
- Mar 18 AFSCME President Lee Saunders on Nomination of Thomas E. Perez for Secretary of Labor Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on nomination of Thomas E. Perez for Secretary of Labor (Press Release)
- Mar 12 Ryan Budget Is Nothing More than a Time Machine Ride Back to Financial Instability Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Rep. Paul Ryan’s GOP Budget (Press Release)
- Feb 19 AFSCME’s Saunders on Bowles Simpson Plan Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on the new Bowles Simpson plan (Press Release)
- Feb 12 AFSCME’s Saunders: “We Must Pull Together to Rebuild the Middle Class” Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on President Obama’s State of the Union address (Press Release)
- Jan 28 AFSCME President Lee Saunders and Secretary-Treasurer Laura Reyes on Senate Framework for Comprehensive Immigration Reform
- Jan 18 Drawing Inspiration from Lincoln, King on the Eve of President Obama's Second Inauguration It is time for all of us to pull together and fight for the enduring... (Huffington Post)
- Jan 15 Massive Cuts are Coming Unless We Work Together It’s time to pull together to prepare America for the future. Together, we must be... (Huffington Post)
- Jan 02 AFSCME President Lee Saunders on Budget Agreement
- Dec 19 AFSCME’s Saunders: “Boehner Showed Us Today Just Which Side He Really Stands On” Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on House Speaker John Boehner’s “Plan B” (Press Release)
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was killed on April 4, 1968, after traveling to Memphis to support 1,300 AFSCME sanitation workers who were on strike due to dangerous working conditions,...
In 1968 sanitation workers made history in Memphis, Tennessee. Over a thousand workers went on strike to protest unfair wages, discrimination, and unsafe working conditions that took the lives of...
Pres. Saunders speaks with Les Smith from WHBQ Fox 13 about the events in Memphis commemorating the 45th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s work and the 1968 sanitation...
Coverage from CBS affiliate WREG in Memphis about the commemoration of the 45th Anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s work and the 1968 sanitation workers' strike.