- Jun 19 What Dads Really Want for Father’s Day The United States is the only developed nation in the world with no guaranteed paid leave of any kind. (Blog)
- Jun 17 Ohio Taxpayers Get Milked by State Prison Farm Selloff Ohio taxpayers to shell out $2.6 million annually for milk for prison inmates who used to get it from prison farms that are now closing. (Blog)
- Jun 16 AFL-CIO Endorses Hillary Clinton for President The labor federation said it would immediately begin to “put in motion its ground campaign to elect Hillary Clinton and union-endorsed candidates across the country.” (Blog)
- Jun 02 Obama: In the ‘Good Old Days,’ Unions Were Strong and Workers Better Off It’s time to make America great again! Time to return to the good old union days. (Blog)
- Jun 02 CSEA Retiree Finds Second Calling in Local Politics With the help of local labor groups, this AFSCME retiree is running for office. (Blog)
- May 03 Correctional Officers and Employees Never Quit; We Won’t Either This week let’s be extra thankful to our sisters and brothers who serve our communities as corrections officers and employees. (Blog)
- Apr 25 Would You Like Ribs or a Hot Dog with Your AFSCME Strong? Hot dogs, BBQ and discussions about their union and politics were just a few highlights of a picnic for AFSCME members across Miami-Dade County, Fla. (Blog)
- Apr 01 AFSCME Helps Beat Back Big Money in Illinois Money – lots of it – didn’t help Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner and his super-rich allies in two key legislative primary races. (Blog)
- Apr 01 Bill Clinton Rallies DC 37 for Hillary Bill Clinton joined activists at DC 37’s New York City headquarters Thursday to support Hillary Clinton’s presidential bid. (Blog)
- Mar 24 Senators Must Do Their Jobs on Court Nomination It’s time for our elected officials to stop playing games and get to work on the next Supreme Court justice. (Blog)
- Mar 18 Snyder Testifies; Flint Residents Fume AFSCME members were among nearly 100 Flint residents who descended on Capitol Hill March 17 to hear Gov. Rick Snyder testify before Congress. (Blog)
- Mar 15 President Saunders in Ohio to Boost Hillary AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders went home to Cleveland March 14 to talk with members about the importance of electing Hillary Clinton. (Blog)
- Mar 16 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Hillary Clinton’s Victories in Florida, Ohio, Illinois, and North Carolina
- Mar 02 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Sec. Hillary Clinton’s Resounding Super Tuesday Victory
- Feb 22 Women Step Up to Make Change Happen for Hillary Clinton Women in our union are rising to enthusiastically support a candidate for president who is... (Huffington Post)
- Dec 11 For a Nation on the Edge and in the Margins, There Are Swindles or Solutions Donald Trump is boiling years of extremist attacks on working people, immigrants and the poor... (Medium)
- Sep 25 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders’ Statement on Speaker Boehner’s Resignation
- Sep 21 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders’ Statement on Gov. Walker Dropping Out of the Republican Primary for President “This is a clear rebuke of the anti-worker platform on which Governor Walker based his entire presidential campaign." (Press Release)
AFSCME members Stephen Mittons and Dovard Howard joined dozens of other public employees on the steps of the Supreme Court to reiterate the vital role their unions play in helping...
Stephanie Wiley is a child care attendant in Ohio. Every day, she wakes up before the sun rises to help children with special needs who ride the bus to school....
You know what’s the worst? Extremist right-wing shenanigans. Pull up a chair, open a beverage, and let’s talk about it.
Raise the retirement age? Work longer hours? Retirees read aloud for themselves some of the out-of-touch right-wing ideas to come from the Presidential candidates. Their reactions are worth a watch....