- Aug 06 The Voting Rights Act at 51: Why It Must Be Restored to its Full Power 51 years ago today the Voting Rights Act was signed into law. This is why it must be restored to its full power. (Blog)
- Jul 26 America Has Gone Seven Years Without a Raise The cost of living has risen by more than 10 percent since 2009, but millions still rely on the same minimum wage. (Blog)
- Jul 20 Hillary Will Protect Health Care — That’s Why I Give to PEOPLE "Her health background is one of my biggest reasons that she absolutely has to be the next President," Suzanne Delaney says. "We can't have a wild card in the White House. Lives are on the line." (Blog)
- Jul 20 Hillary Clinton’s Promise to AFSCME Hillary Clinton: "You pioneered the basic bargain that made our country great...That means working hard and playing by the rules should mean being able to earn a living wage and having a fair shot at the American Dream." (Blog)
- Jul 18 He’s Not Only AFSCME Strong, Randy Is AFSCME Quick! Randon “Randy” Procious, a member of Local 2206 (Pennsylvania Council 13), made sure to be first in line to register at our 42nd International Convention. It’s a distinction in which Procious takes special pride. (Blog)
- Jul 14 Support and Solidarity: Standing with Striking Casino Workers at the Trump Taj Mahal Showing our support and solidarity for Striking Casino Workers at the Trump Taj Mahal. (Blog)
- Jun 19 What Dads Really Want for Father’s Day The United States is the only developed nation in the world with no guaranteed paid leave of any kind. (Blog)
- Jun 17 Ohio Taxpayers Get Milked by State Prison Farm Selloff Ohio taxpayers to shell out $2.6 million annually for milk for prison inmates who used to get it from prison farms that are now closing. (Blog)
- Jun 16 AFL-CIO Endorses Hillary Clinton for President The labor federation said it would immediately begin to “put in motion its ground campaign to elect Hillary Clinton and union-endorsed candidates across the country.” (Blog)
- Jun 02 Obama: In the ‘Good Old Days,’ Unions Were Strong and Workers Better Off It’s time to make America great again! Time to return to the good old union days. (Blog)
- Jun 02 CSEA Retiree Finds Second Calling in Local Politics With the help of local labor groups, this AFSCME retiree is running for office. (Blog)
- May 03 Correctional Officers and Employees Never Quit; We Won’t Either This week let’s be extra thankful to our sisters and brothers who serve our communities as corrections officers and employees. (Blog)
- Jul 22 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Hillary Clinton’s Selection of Tim Kaine for VP
- Jul 19 Hillary Clinton Addresses AFSCME Convention Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee to public service workers: “When unions are strong, America is strong” (Press Release)
- Jul 09 Labor Leaders Win Strong Fair-Trade Platform Language
- Jul 05 AFSCME Members Welcome Secretary Hillary Clinton at 42nd International Convention Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee will address thousands of public service workers in Las Vegas and countless more through Facebook livestream (Press Release)
- Jun 07 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders: “Now Is The Time To Unite For Working Families”
- Apr 26 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Sec. Hillary Clinton’s Victories in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Connecticut
- Feb 22 Women Step Up to Make Change Happen for Hillary Clinton Women in our union are rising to enthusiastically support a candidate for president who is... (Huffington Post)
- Feb 20 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Sec. Hillary Clinton’s Victory in the Nevada Caucus
- Feb 02 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Sec. Hillary Clinton’s Victory in the Iowa Caucus
AFSCME members Stephen Mittons and Dovard Howard joined dozens of other public employees on the steps of the Supreme Court to reiterate the vital role their unions play in helping...
Stephanie Wiley is a child care attendant in Ohio. Every day, she wakes up before the sun rises to help children with special needs who ride the bus to school....
You know what’s the worst? Extremist right-wing shenanigans. Pull up a chair, open a beverage, and let’s talk about it.
Raise the retirement age? Work longer hours? Retirees read aloud for themselves some of the out-of-touch right-wing ideas to come from the Presidential candidates. Their reactions are worth a watch....