Chief of Staff
|Affiliate:||AFSCME Local 4041 (Carson City, NV)|
|Posting Date:||January 19, 2012|
The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) Local 4041, a statewide local for state employees, is currently seeking a Chief of Staff. The Chief of Staff serves at the pleasure of the Local 4041 Executive Board. The Chief of Staff is responsible for implementing the policies of the Local’s executive board in accordance with the mission and responsibilities of the Local to represent and promote the welfare of its members.
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership, direction and administrative oversight for the day-to-day operations of the Local which include but are not limited to: policy development, personnel management, strategic planning, budget development, political/legislative and member education programs. This position is a highly visible one requiring extensive contact with the members, other labor organizations, coalition partners, the media, and federal, state and municipal elected officials. The Chief of Staff is required to devote full time to the position and works a non-standard work week including evenings and weekends when required. This position requires frequent travel within the state and some limited travel outside the state.
- At least one year of previous management experience in labor relations and contract negotiations experience.
- At least one year of management experience of office staff.
- Previous government affairs and lobbying experience.
- Demonstrated skill in strategic, operational and budget planning is also required.
- Must exhibit high level of competence related to persuasive verbal and written communications skills. Previous ability to work with the press and media will be an added asset.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in commonly used computer programs such as Microsoft Office applications.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary: Commensurate with experience.
- Car and cell phone allowance.
- Health insurance benefits package.
Persons interested in applying for this position should submit a resume and a minimum of three written professional references by email to LindaH@nvafscme.org or you may mail them no later than February 10, 2012 to:
AFSCME Local 4041
709 East Robinson Street
Carson City, NV 89701