Contract Administrator/Lead Negotiator
|Affiliate:||NAPE/AFSCME Local 61 (Omaha, NE)|
|Posting Date:||September 01, 2011|
- Researches and works with various committees and is the lead negotiator for collective bargaining agreements
- Conducts training for: Stewards, Officers, Bargaining team members, etc.
- Coordinates and conducts labor management relations and meetings
- Communicates the Union’s vision for building strength and growth
- Represents workers in mostly upper level of the grievance process, including Arbitration
- Holding meetings of various types – district meetings, labor-management meetings, grievance meetings, meetings with Stewards, etc.
- Recruits, Educates and Organizes new members
- Conducts New Employee Orientation
- Educates and organizes existing members
High School diploma or equivalent; 3 or more years of union organizing/servicing experience; Reliable vehicle; current driver’s license and vehicle insurance; extensive travel required (mostly in state); able to work nights and weekends; knowledge of labor unions and labor relations; knowledge of Nebraska labor laws and labor contracts, or ability to learn; ability to plan and coordinate work activities; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and members; ability to conduct research and gather information for negotiations; Ability to use word and excel, at a minimum; ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Resumes taken through: September 20, 2011
TO BE CONSIDERED:
Please submit your resume and 3 (letters of) references to:
NAPE/AFSCME Local 61
ATTN: Julie Dake Abel, Executive Director
5625 O Street, Suite 10
Lincoln NE 68510
Resumes will also be accepted via email at email@example.com