Letters, Statements & More
- AFSCME Letter to House Opposing Harmful Enforcement Immigration Bills, HR 6136 and HR 4760Neither bill proposes a reasonable solution to protect DACA recipients, DREAMers, TPS holders, or the thousands of children who have been cruelly separated from their parents and detained.
- AFSCME Urges The Senate Vote On A Fair Solution for Dreamers & TPS Holders
- AFSCME Letter Urging the House to Pass a Permanent Solution to Protect Dreamers From Deportation and Provide A Pathway To Citizenship by January 19
- AFSCME Letter Urging the Senate to Pass a Permanent Solution to Protect Dreamers From Deportation and Provide A Pathway To Citizenship by January 19
- AFSCME Letter Opposing Enforcement Only Legislation - House
- AFSCME Letter Opposing the Nomination of Senator Jeff Sessions to be Attorney General
- AFSCME Letter to Senate Urging Opposition to Sen Toomey Bill "Stop Dangerous Sanctuary Cities Act" (S. 3100)Senator Toomey's so-called "Stop Sanctuary Cities Act" is one of a handful of enforcement only piecemeal bills that aims to underfund state and local communities. AFSCME opposes these bills and urges Congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform.