From the Leadership
- Feb 27 Strong Unions Mean Strong African-American Communities To gain a better understanding of black history, as we strive to do each February, we must recognize the powerful role unions have played in improving millions of African-American lives.
- Jan 29 Unions Aren’t Going Anywhere Reports of the labor movement’s demise after the Janus ruling are greatly exaggerated. Working people are continuing to build power and are defying right-wing predictions of an exodus from AFSCME and other public service unions.
- Jan 24 Strength in Numbers: Talking Labor with AFSCME President Lee Saunders Labor unions have weathered constant attacks from wealthy special interests but have emerged today more popular than they have in years. How’s that? Daniella Gibbs Legér and Ed Chung sat down with AFSCME President Lee Saunders to find out.
- More »
- Feb 06 The Shutdown is Over. The Time to Act Has Just Begun. Here are three things you can do to make sure shutdowns don’t happen again.
- Nov 14 Public Charge Rule Would Turn American Dream into Nightmare for Millions A new rule by the Trump administration would subject immigrants to indecency and indignity. It runs counter to AFSCME’s values.
- Oct 17 Unions Push for “Grade A” Paid Parental Leave The long-term goal is for all workers–union and non-union, public and private sector–to have access to paid family leave.
- More »