From the Leadership
- Dec 08 The False Slogan of Right to Work: An Attack on Worker Freedom AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders explains in a new column why the Janus v. AFSCME case would be particularly bad for minority communities.
- Dec 05 The False Slogan of Right to Work: An Attack on Worker Freedom The Janus v. AFSCME Council 31 case before the Supreme Court would make so-called “right-to-work” the law of the land in the public sector, threatening the freedom of working people to join together in strong unions.
- Oct 23 Want to Get Back to Normal? Strong Unions Are Key Organized labor can be a bulwark against the rising inequality and authoritarianism that threaten to dismantle democracy.
- More »
- Nov 14 Because They Care: Cedar Haven Workers and Residents Stand for Dignity The workers at Cedar Haven nursing home are waging a struggle to provide the best possible care for the people they love.
- Oct 27 The Importance of Public Service AFSCME has made a commitment to better understand our members’ priorities and their connection to our union. What we’ve learned can be summed up in a single phrase to describe public service workers: We never quit.
- Aug 10 Slashing Medicaid will destroy lives like this one in Stanislaus County President Trump and all members of Congress should be working to strengthen the promise of Medicaid, not working to break it.
- More »