From the Leadership
- Jun 27 Workers Need the Freedom to Negotiate The Public Service Freedom to Negotiate Act would empower more working people with the seat at the table they need to improve their lives and their communities.
- May 20 Remembering AFSCME President Jerry Wurf on his 100th Birthday A fighter, firebrand and unyielding idealist, former AFSCME President Jerry Wurf not only led AFSCME through years of tremendous growth, but fought tirelessly for both economic and racial justice.
- May 09 Honoring the Everyday Heroes of Public Service We honor unsung, everyday heroes during Public Service Recognition Week.
- More »
- Jun 04 Union 411: Who We Are The first installment of the Union 411 video series introduces our union, describes the valuable work AFSCME members do and highlights the types of public service jobs AFSCME members hold.
- May 10 Union Moms: This is What We Teach Our Kids Talk about a great Mother’s Day gift. The children and grandchildren of AFSCME members realize the value of unions and appreciate their family’s union activism.
- Apr 02 To Close the Gender Pay Gap, First a Voice on the Job Today, April 2, is nationally known as Equal Pay Day for 2019. This date is symbolic because it represents how far into the year women must work to earn what men earned in the previous year.
- More »