From the Leadership
- Nov 21 Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders: This is a major step toward resolving Senate obstructionism Washington is broken and the extreme partisan gridlock in the Senate is untenable.
- Nov 21 “AFSCME Members Will Stand with Walmart’s Workers” Statement of AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Walmart and Black Friday
- Jun 22 Remarks of Pres. Lee Saunders President Saunders gave the following acceptance speech at AFSCME’s 40th International Convention upon being sworn in as the union’s first ever African-American president.
- More »
- Oct 17 Unions Push for “Grade A” Paid Parental Leave The long-term goal is for all workers–union and non-union, public and private sector–to have access to paid family leave.
- Jul 11 For Working Women, This is Not a Close Call The nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh spells bad news for working women.
- Oct 27 The Importance of Public Service AFSCME has made a commitment to better understand our members’ priorities and their connection to our union. What we’ve learned can be summed up in a single phrase to describe public service workers: We never quit.
- More »