To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
Database Analyst I
|Department:||Data & Analytics|
|Grade:||United Staff Union — Grade 8|
|Salary:||Starts at $72,447|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||November 02, 2018|
This position in the Data & Analytics Department is responsible for supporting technical activities in the field and coordinating the activities of other field technical staff. Responsibilities include collection, manipulation, and preparation of data for use by the VAN system and other tools used in multiple organizing campaigns. Works with Affiliates to collect requirements and data to facilitate the setup of Unionware and provides maintenance and support of Unionware users. Additionally, works with Affiliates with the maintenance and support MS Access databases that have been deployed for organizing and membership tracking and control, as well as migration and use of the Enterprise membership system.
This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Data & Analytics for all work assignments and administrative activities. The individual is required to handle multiple priorities within time constraints and to assist other field technical staff with technical problem resolution.
Works with field staff to collect organizing and other data files and sources, use manual and automated tools to de-dupe files, consolidate multiple data sources, and properly format data for loading into data systems to support interdepartmental projects.
- Responsible for collection, manipulation, and preparation of data for use by the VAN system and other data systems.
- Maintains Affiliate Unionware instances and provides support to Unionware users.
- Extensive travel to train, provide technical support and devise software solutions for AFSCME Field and affiliate staff.
- Proficient in the use of Asana to enter and track all work assignments, receive prioritization of assignments from management, provide status updates on activities related to workload.
- When required, develop automation processes and techniques to fulfill AFSCME’s needs ensuring data integrity and system performance.
- Maintains MS Access databases that have been developed for dues handling and membership reporting.
- Ensures all systems have automated processes in place to extract and provide membership update files to AFSCME HQ for purposes of keeping Enterprise system current with latest membership.
- Assist with training and troubleshooting use of Unionware databases by Affiliates.
- Must maintain technical skill sets with industry and AFSCME standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Computer Sciences or a technical institution with an appropriate degree/certification in a related field; and five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in a technology support, help desk, network administration, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge Access databases and systems implementation
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of organizing and Union activities.
- Knowledge of VAN databases, usage, data setup and design.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to produce training materials and curriculum for adult audiences and to make strong presentations.
- Ability to develop application deliverables, such as project plans and user application documents.
- Highly skilled in the use of office automation software products, such as word processors, spreadsheets, and graphics packages.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Posting Date: November 1, 2018