|Affiliate:||National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees (NUHHCE)|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
|Posting Date:||January 12, 2017|
NUHHCE, the National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees is a national affiliate of AFSCME, AFL-CIO representing hospital, nursing home, home care and child care workers in various districts nationwide.
NUHHCE currently seeks a FIELD ORGANIZER in the San Diego, California area.
- Identify, recruit, and develop workers who are interested in forming a union
- Build and maintain worker committees
- Develop and execute organizing plans for campaigns
- Independently conduct home visits and effectively move workers to action
- Contribute to development of campaign messaging and materials
- Previous experience in union organizing with demonstrated success in new organizing campaigns
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours including nights and weekends
- Capacity to work independently
- Experience with NLRB Board elections and rules
All positions require a valid driver’s license, a car, and willingness to travel and work within all NUHHCE districts.
Competitive salary and benefits package (car allowance, paid medical insurance, pension, and tuition reimbursement)
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Director of Organizing, NUHHCE, AFSCME, AFL-CIO