To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
Manager, General Services
|Grade:||Management Grade 4|
|Salary:||Starts at $82,402|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||November 16, 2017|
The Manager works with the Director and Assistant Director to manage the General Services operations. The Manager will provide the day-to-day management of the copy center, mail fulfillment, shipping, receiving, in-coming and out-going USPS mail, Recall and Union Leadership Supply Program. The Manager will also implement the department goals set by the Director. The Manager will support the Director or his/her designee in capital asset management.
Staff Management & Development:
- Provides overall day-to-day supervision of the copy center, mail fulfillment, shipping, receiving, in-coming and out-going USPS mail, building services, offsite storage and Union Leadership Supply Program. Also responsible for training department staff for these functions.
- Provides day-to-day staff oversight to guarantee all deadlines are met. Work with customers on work order requirements and deadlines within the department budget. Work with GS Helpdesk to assign work tickets to the appropriate staff. Ensure that all areas of responsibility in General Services are covered appropriately.
- Allocate staff resources based on the assignments of the day and the priorities of the organization. Ensure staff is working as efficiently as possible. Reassign staff to ensure operational efficiency and workload balance in all areas of operations.
- Responsible for managing the departmental on-site and off-site document storage program. Including providing a monthly report for all departments’ off-site storage transactions and boxes stored. Provide monthly reconciliation of all off-site storage transactions and work with departments to ensure their offsite storage is being actively managed.
- Works with the Director, vendors, and AFSCME departments on office moves.
- Manage AFSCME parking permit process and ensure that all passes are distributed on-time and the invoice is correct. Notify parking garages of any changes with parker and departments with any pricing changes.
- Responsible for the AFSCME recycling program and acts as the recycling coordinator for the program.
- Maintains a safe and secure working environment for employees and visitors. Supports the Director or his/her designee with the management of safety and emergency preparedness programs.
- Reviews and revises work processes, department policies and operating procedures. Oversees staff on the implementation of policies and operating procedures.
- Works with Director and Assistant Director to coordinate the transport and other activities of the bi-annual convention. Ensures that convention goals and timelines are accomplished.
- Issues and removes building access cards in the Brivo system.
- Recommends and implements cost control measures and guidelines and continually evaluates means of streamlining procedures.
- Manages telecommunications program, including telephone equipment, lines and service, and AFSCME switchboard. Keeps apprised of new developments in field.
- Develops plans project management and execution within project timeframes and budget. Coordinates with staff to determine work assignments as related to the project. Generates project status reports for review with Director or Assistant Director.
- Prepares weekly departmental status reports.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Education & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a minimum of seven years related experience in facility management and/or general operations.
- Advanced knowledge of General Service operations.
- Ability to supervise and train staff.
- Knowledge of procurement procedures.
- Familiarity with budget and administrative processes and procedures.
- Ability to plan and execute projects within specified timeframes.
- Knowledge of office equipment and supplies.
- Knowledge of security and emergency preparedness programs.
- Ability to remain apprised of new technology, developments and trends in the field of General Services/facilities management.
- Advanced understanding of AFSCME structure, departments, policies and programs.
- Effective knowledge of PC operations.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills and commitment to service excellence.