Member Benefits Center Representative
|Affiliate:||UDWA/AFSCME Local 3930|
|Posting Date:||August 22, 2019|
This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of member benefit functions such as contacting members and providers, providing solutions to member inquiries, and communicating current events, meetings and benefits to members and providers.
UDWA Home Care Providers Union/AFSCME Local 3930 is a statewide labor union that represents more than 100,000 home care providers in 11 counties in California. Founded in 1979, UDWA is a diverse, progressive labor organization that seeks dynamic, committed individuals who will support our members and those for whom they care locally, statewide and at the national level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as headquarters receptionist support, handling inbound and outbound calls; tally as required.
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or working with membership records, dues and payments.
- Transmit information or documents using computer, mail, or facsimile.
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, deliveries and welcome packets.
- Interact with members via telephone, internet and mail to provide information in response to inquiries.
- Follow-up as needed to ensure that member inquiries are addressed and tickets are closed within allotted time.
- Resolve members' service or billing questions by researching data and interacting with internal and external departmental resources.
- Analyze data to determine answers to member questions regarding membership, benefits, services and programs.
- Refer unresolved member inquiries to designated departments for further investigation.
- Remain up-to-date on program policies and procedures applicable to member inquiries.
- Provide members timesheet training on form completion, workweeks, deadlines and submission.
- Support membership retention by providing excellent customer service, effectively communicating benefits and providing additional educational resources.
- Update and maintain membership databases; prepare change of address records, issue tickets, record member transactions, record details of inquiries and action taken.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience in a customer service environment evaluating customer needs, meeting quality standards of service, and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of multi-line phone systems, personal computer and software applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Capacity to learn software applications and technology quickly.
- Ability to utilize active listening, problem sensitivity and critical thinking when addressing member inquiries.
- Ability to compose correspondence using proper grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing situations, make appropriate judgments and assuming various roles and responsibilities as needed and/or upon request.
- Demonstrate time management skills while prioritizing time-sensitive and demanding tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain quality of detailed work while meeting competing and inflexible deadlines; ability to perform repetitive tasks.
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred.
To Apply For This Position:
Mail, email or fax resume, cover letter, and three professional references to:
In subject line include title of position applying for
UDWA/AFSCME Local 3930
c/o Human Resources
4855 Seminole Drive
San Diego, CA 92115
Fax: (619) 640-9903
Attn: Human Resources