To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
Office Assistant III
|Department:||Research & Collective Bargaining|
|Salary:||Starts at $44,644|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||January 23, 2020|
This position provides intermediate-level clerical, administrative support and related work as required to the Department.
- Maintain and reconcile records, schedules, and travel arrangements.
- Maintain department’s log by using database for all incoming requests; code and produce reports on a weekly basis for managers.
- Provide typing, proofreading and editing, which may include finalizing letters, memos, pamphlets, brochures, power point presentations, reports and testimony.
- Prepare and maintain miscellaneous spreadsheets.
- Route incoming mail and coordinate outgoing mail and packages.
- Answer and screen incoming calls for the department then route them to the appropriate staff member or take and deliver messages. Place calls as requested.
- Prepare mailings. Handle routine requests for information.
- Assist Administrative Assistant with finalizing Expense Authorization forms (EAFs), weekly leave reports, ordering of office supplies, and maintaining the department calendar.
- May design forms and other documents in support of department activities. Copy documents.
- Sort, store, retrieve and maintain files.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent and three to five years of office experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities, and skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the MS Office Suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint – MS Outlook email and calendar, and MS Sharepoint.
- General knowledge of office equipment such as OCE’ copier, telephone and fax machines; ability to do production typing and demonstrate a typing speed of 50-55 words per minute; and knowledge of office and organizational procedures necessary.
- Effective communication skills to exchange routine information
- Attention to detail and ability to proofread work for spelling and grammatical errors; compose simple correspondence.
- Ability to complete assignments independently and work under pressure to meet tight schedules.
** A Skills Assessment may be required of all candidates. **
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Posting Date: January 22, 2020