To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
Office Assistant III
|Grade:||OPEIU Grade A4|
|Salary:||Starts at $43,555|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||January 03, 2019|
This position provides clerical and administrative support to the Political Department with related work as required.
- Answer incoming calls for the department, screen, route calls or take messages.
- Type documents including, eye-openers, legislative reports, speech backups, contribution letters, and drafts for directors and staff.
- Arrange for building meeting space and set-up.
- Assist with GOTV deployment activities.
- Sort, store, retrieve and maintain files.
- Distribute various political articles/information.
- Assist management staff with travel arrangements.
- Maintain departmental staff calendar, i.e., travel dates, vacation/sick leave dates.
- Perform clerical duties as needed and assist department staff in the office and at various meetings/conferences with copying, packing of supplies, materials and appropriate mailing.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent and three to five years of office experience or combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint; ability to do production typing; spreadsheet and database skills sufficient to accurately maintain records.
- Knowledge of general office equipment, office and organizational procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to proofread work for errors and compose correspondence.
- Ability to independently complete assignments and work under pressure to meet tight schedules.
**A SKILLS ASSESSMENT may be required of all candidates.**