To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
Office Assistant IV
|Department:||Organizing & Field Services Department|
|Grade:||OPEIU Grade A5|
|Salary:||Starts at $46,266|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||October 05, 2017|
This position performs advance-level clerical, administrative and related work as required by the Organizing & Field Services Department and its staff. It requires good writing skills, attention to detail and discretion. This position manages and coordinates several projects simultaneously and handles confidential and time sensitive documents.
- Performs and completes special projects in an effective and timely manner. Creates/produces tables, documents, reports and charts. Maintains and prepares statistical information and complex reports.
- Prepares correspondence, queries, reports and other office forms, from draft to final form. Pays close attention to details, as well as grammar and punctuation. Routes final correspondence.
- Processes information by comparing, calculating and/or transferring information to other data sources and ensures accuracy of data transfer.
- Prepares and processes invoices for payment according to the approved budget and guidelines. Prepares EAFs and APTs for payment. Acquire checks. Maintains budget records.
- Copies, mails, logs information and files.
- Supports all OFS programs, meetings, committees, conferences and conventions. Assists in the coordination of logistics for meetings and conferences.
- Prepares and processes travel authorizations, leave requests and expense reports for department staff, as well as non-staff.
- Creates and maintains filing systems for various activities. Sort, store and retrieve information as needed.
- Schedules appointments, conference calls and meetings. Assists with the facilitation of web meetings. Takes notes as assigned.
- Manages distribution of mail. Regularly checks fax machines for documents.
- Orders and maintains supply levels for the department. Updates directories, departmental databases and committee lists.
- Answers incoming calls for the department, screens calls, routes calls or takes and delivers messages. Places calls as requested. Handles routine requests for information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent and five to seven years of office experience plus general knowledge of office and organizational procedures or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Excel, MS Access, as well as other databases and software programs.
- Ability to use MS Outlook, including the calendar program, and perform accurate data entry into databases.
- Excellent knowledge of office and organizational procedures.
- Must be able to independently complete assignments and work under pressure to meet tight schedules. Sufficient written and oral communication skills to exchange routine information.
- Strong ability to proofread documents and compose correspondence. Must demonstrate a typing speed of 45-50 wpm.
- Communication skills sufficient to exchange routine information.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
**A Skills Assessment may be required of all candidates**
Posting Date: October 5, 2017