To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
Political Action Representative
|Grade:||USU Grade 8|
|Salary:||Starts at $72,447|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||December 19, 2018|
This position is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring political campaigns and electoral programs that support the goals and objectives of AFSCME’s Political Action Department.
- Provides mobilization support for federal, state and local elections, including candidate, legislative, issue and PEOPLE fundraising campaigns.
- Manages field programs including, but not limited to, voter registration, member mobilization, voter contact and get-out-the-vote activities in assigned campaigns.
- Develops campaign plans with appropriate goals and benchmarks.
- Develops relationships and works with allies, including other labor unions, progressive groups, candidates and parties to build progressive strength while representing AFSCME’s interests.
- Assesses and tracks programs for AFSCME field operations, providing reports and analyzing data as required.
- Promotes and implements the PEOPLE program and represents the department at various forums and functions.
- Utilizes advanced targeting, data and research to enhance field programs.
- Conducts political training workshops in political motivation, campaign activities and member involvement to acquaint members with AFSCME’s position on political, legislative and administrative issues and matters of importance.
- Assesses candidates on federal, state, and local levels of government to determine candidate viability and recommend degree of union involvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with course work in Labor Relations, Political Science or Government.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of related work experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local campaign finance regulations and laws.
- Knowledge of campaign targeting techniques.
- Knowledge of scientific polling techniques.
- Knowledge of computer software associated with potential campaign data gathering or planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Ability to assist in the development of training curriculum and conduct workshops.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to large and small group settings.
- Ability to assess political situations and develop appropriate campaign
Extended Hours and Travel:
- Extensive travel, extended work hours and a valid driver’s license
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Posting Date: December 19, 2018