To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
Political Action Representative I
|Salary:||Starts at $74,258|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||December 16, 2019|
This position is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring political campaigns and electoral programs that support the goals and objectives of AFSCME’s Political Action Department.
- Provides mobilization support for federal, state and local elections, including candidate, legislative, issue and PEOPLE fundraising campaigns.
- Manages field programs including, but not limited to, voter registration, member mobilization, voter contact and get-out-the-vote activities in assigned campaigns.
- Develops campaign plans with appropriate goals and benchmarks.
- Develops relationships and works with allies, including other labor unions, progressive groups, candidates and parties to build progressive strength while representing AFSCME’s interests.
- Assesses and tracks programs for AFSCME field operations, providing reports and analyzing data as required.
- Promotes and implements the PEOPLE program and represents the department at various forums and functions.
- Utilizes advanced targeting, data and research to enhance field programs.
- Conducts political training workshops in political motivation, campaign activities and member involvement to acquaint members with AFSCME’s position on political, legislative and administrative issues and matters of importance.
- Assesses candidates on federal, state, and local levels of government to determine candidate viability and recommend degree of union involvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with course work in Labor Relations, Political Science or Government.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of related work experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local campaign finance regulations and laws.
- Knowledge of campaign targeting techniques.
- Knowledge of scientific polling techniques.
- Knowledge of computer software associated with potential campaign data gathering or planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Ability to assist in the development of training curriculum and conduct workshops.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to large and small group settings.
- Ability to assess political situations and develop appropriate campaign strategies.
Extended Hours and Travel:
- Extensive travel, extended work hours and a valid driver’s license required.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Posting Date: December 16, 201
AFSCME is an equal opportunity employer, and, as such, does not discriminate against an employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation, disability, or any other classification protected from discrimination under applicable law.