To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
Senior Strategist II
|Department:||Data & Analytics|
|Grade:||USU Grade 9|
|Salary:||Starts at $78,421|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||March 06, 2019|
This position will act as the primary statistician for the Data & Analytics Department, as well as leading and advising on a variety of additional analytics projects. The Senior Strategist II is responsible for testing, research, implementation and management of advanced data systems, tools, targeting, testing and research to support organizing, digital and political action campaigns; establishment of training modules for IU staff, affiliate leaders/staff and members in how to utilize these resources; creation of systems for the oversight of projects assigned to the Data & Analytics Department. Expected to interact directly with international and affiliate staff and leadership, members and partner organizations. The position may require the person to travel throughout the country, potentially including temporary relocation, as needed.
- Utilize advanced data management tools and techniques to conduct voter targeting and analysis for digital, organizing, issue and electoral campaigns.
- Assist AFSCME International Staff and affiliates in developing targeting, polling and data strategies to achieve their goals.
- Build, maintain, enhance and manipulate voter, membership, volunteer and other databases.
- May coordinate and assign work for members of the Data & Analytics Division as appropriate.
- Provide data and technological guidance on organizing, issue and electoral campaigns.
- May coordinate large-scale voter, general public and member contact programs utilizing in-house and vendor-provided tools.
- Generate targeted voter/member contact strategies for paid and volunteer contact programs including mail, canvassing, on-line and phone.
- Work with IU departments and affiliates to promulgate such tools and processes across the union.
- May establish and optimize tools and processes to maximize internal coordination of data resources.
- Work with internal and external staff to establish best practices and standards for data collection, acquisition and preservation.
- Administer, support, and train users on data management systems (Catalist, VAN, Enterprise, Action Network, AFSCME Data Warehouse, etc.).
- Assists with developing data and targeting resources, analytic tools and other data driven assets to advance the goals and priorities of the IU.
- Supports internal and external political, issue, organizing, digital and other campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college with course work in political science, government, or a related field.
Required Skills and Background:
A minimum of five (5) years of related work experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Effective political analysis skills.
- Proven experience in building and validating statistical models.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Commitment to the union and its mission.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate technical subjects to non–technical individuals.
- Able to learn new material and skills quickly and engage on a variety of projects.
Recommended Skills and Background:
- Previous work experience in the labor or progressive movements.
- Thorough experience in political targeting techniques.
- Familiarity with online electoral tools and datasets such as Catalist, VAN, and NCEC and with constituent relationship management tools such as Salsa.
- Understanding of common direct voter contact programs and experience in the use of data and analytics to drive effective decision-making in both issue and electoral organizing.
Extended Hours and Travel:
- Extended work hours, travel and a valid driver’s license are required.
- Temporary relocation may be necessary.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Date: March 6, 2019