Take Back America Wisconsin Project Organizer
|Posting Date:||August 09, 2017|
This position is primarily responsible for increasing AFSCME’s power in the state and local legislative and political arena, and for mobilizing AFSCME membership across the state through a variety of means, including trainings, electoral participation, grassroots legislative activities, and more.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Working with all locals in the assigned region and engaging locals and activists around five main areas:
- Grassroots events and activities
- PEOPLE (AFSCME’s PAC)
- Political/Electoral campaigns
- Identifying new AFSCME leaders, training volunteers and activists, and attending conventions and other AFSCME meetings on a regular basis.
- Working with locals to develop political action and PEOPLE plans, which can include engagement in local, state, and national campaigns, as well as raising AFSCME PAC funds for the PEOPLE program.
- Working with AFSCME locals and other coalition groups on grassroots activities, such as communications programs and other programs as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience working with organized labor and/or on political campaigns is strongly desired.
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends.
- Flexibility to relocate for short-term projects.
- Extensive travel within Wisconsin, including temporary field deployment, is required. Must have a vehicle and a valid operator’s license.
- Ability to perform additional duties as assigned.
Interested applicants should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, August 31, 2017, or mail materials to AFSCME Council 32, Attn: Michelle Byrne, 8033 Excelsior Drive, Suite B, Madison, WI 53717.