- AFSCME Affiliate Scholarship ProgramsMany AFSCME affiliates have special scholarship programs designed to help their members pursue educational opportunities to advance on the job.
- AFSCME Family Scholarship$2,000 renewable scholarship awarded to 10 high school seniors each year.
- AFSCME/UNCF/Harvard Union Scholars ProgramAFSCME has joined with the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) to let eligible college students experience what it's like to be part of the labor movement.
- Jerry Clark Memorial ScholarshipA collegiate scholarship for juniors and seniors with a major in a social science; it includes a summer internship in the AFSCME Political Action Department in Washington, D.C
- Jerry Wurf Memorial FundProvides three scholarships for the six-week Harvard Trade Union Program for full-time AFSCME staff planning a career in the trade union movement or an AFSCME member holding an elected position who is willing to take leave.
- Union Plus ScholarshipActive and retired AFSCME members, spouses and dependent children are eligible to apply.
- William Lucy Labor Scholarship Fund Provides a scholarship for a rank and file AFSCME leader to attend the Harvard Trade Union Program, a six-week executive program of education and training in the political, economic, and organizational challenges confronting labor unions.