Several scholarship programs are available for AFSCME members and their children. Click on an individual scholarship from the list below to download an application and for information on requirements and deadlines.
- Gerald W. McEntee ScholarshipIn honor of former AFSCME Pres. Jerry McEntee this one-time $5,000 scholarship is awarded annually to an AFSCME member for use towards higher education.
- AFSCME Affiliate Scholarship ProgramsMany AFSCME affiliates have special scholarship programs designed to help their members pursue educational opportunities to advance on the job.
- AFSCME Family Scholarship$2,000 renewable scholarship awarded to 10 high school seniors each year.
- Jerry Clark Memorial ScholarshipA collegiate scholarship for juniors and seniors with a major in a social science; it includes a summer internship in the AFSCME Political Action Department in Washington, D.C
- Jerry Wurf Memorial FundProvides three scholarships for the six-week Harvard Trade Union Program for full-time AFSCME staff planning a career in the trade union movement or an AFSCME member holding an elected position who is willing to take leave.
- Union Plus ScholarshipActive and retired AFSCME members, spouses and dependent children are eligible to apply.
- William Lucy Labor Scholarship Fund Provides a scholarship for a rank and file AFSCME leader to attend the Harvard Trade Union Program, a six-week executive program of education and training in the political, economic, and organizational challenges confronting labor unions.