Article X - Confidentiality of Financial Records
Union Executive Board, officers, Trustees, members and employees must be prudent in the use of information acquired in the course of their duties and therefore must:
- Limit requests for and use of information to that required for legitimate union business purposes.
- Restrict access to records to those with proper authorization and legitimate union business needs.
- Not disclose confidential information unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Not use any confidential information for any personal gain or in any manner which would be contrary to law or detrimental to the welfare of the union.
- Keep all documents containing personal information of members and employees under lock and key.