Hours and Benefits:
Hours: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., unless otherwise specified; 35 hour work week.
Salaries: For salary ranges, see individual job descriptions. Starting salaries for USU positions are commensurate with experience. OPEIU positions are usually filled at starting salary. Employees in bargaining unit positions (OPEIU or USU) receive annual step increases (USU - 16 years; OPEIU - 12 years).
- Full employer-paid health insurance for employee and family, including major medical, hospitalization, prescription drugs, vision, dental and orthodontia
- Health insurance for domestic partners
- Paid long term disability
- Defined benefit pension plan (jointly paid)
- 401(k) savings plan
- Full employer-paid life insurance and accidental death benefits
- 3 weeks earned vacation per year
- 12 days earned sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays per year
- Holiday release between Christmas and New Year's Day with pay
- Tuition assistance reimbursement plan
- Dependent care assistance plan (flexible spending account)
Employees filling an OPEIU or USU bargaining unit position are required to join the union and pay membership dues.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
AFSCME is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V