AFSCME Pres. Gerald W. McEntee delivered the opening keynote address at AFSCME's State Battles Summit, three days of intense education about fighting the unprecedented right-wing attacks on public service workers...
A massive crowd of AFSCME activists marched on New York City Hall on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 to protest proposed cuts to child care services in the city budget. AFSCME...
http://afsc.me/stopthelies Don't let Wall Street destroy the backbone of America! We the taxpayers bailed out Wall Street yet to divert attention, they want you to believe that public service workers...
- Apr 21 Minnesota AFSCME Partners with Autism Society to Improve Children’s Lives A pilot program recently launched offered 20 child care providers the tools they need to help identify autism in children. (Blog)
- Apr 08 AFSCME Provider Urges Congress to Stand Up for Children Pam Wells, of New York, recently testified before a congressional committee on the importance of federal child care programs. (Blog)
- Apr 04 Minnesota AFSCME Members Rally to Support Children “Children can’t vote, lobby, or speak for themselves …. That’s why we have to stand up for them.” (Blog)
- Mar 28 AFSCME Iowa Member Will Run for Statehouse Seat Ben Westphal is a public employee in the state Veteran’s Home and an AFSCME Council 61 member. (Blog)
- Mar 04 Kasich Mixes Half-Truths in Annual State of the State Asking the less well-off to pay more in taxes and cutting public school budgets among the harmful things the governor did. (Blog)
- Sep 25 Minnesota Child Care Providers Continue to Organize with AFSCME Despite Ruling Judge’s order a temporary block in providers’ campaign to build a union. (Blog)
- Jul 30 Union Election Moves Forward for Minnesota Child Care Providers Judge dismisses two lawsuits that sought to prevent a union election. (Blog)
- May 31 Minnesota Child Care Providers Bill Becomes Law Gov. Mark Dayton’s signature sets stage for union vote. (Blog)
- May 24 Video Series Details How Unions Support the Middle Class AFSCME child care worker from Wisconsin talks about the importance of belonging to a union. (Blog)
- May 20 Thousands of Minnesota Child Care Providers Win Bargaining Rights Family child care providers win a historic legislative victory after a years-long campaign. (Blog)
- May 01 At NYC Rally, Supporters of Child Care Protest City’s Early Learn Program Program has led to a decline in the number of children receiving public child care. (Blog)
- Jan 30 One-Man March for NYC Child Care Gains Support IVP Raglan George, Jr. vows to protest Bloomberg’s damaging Early Learn program until it’s gone. (Blog)
- Aug 20 A Vote in Favor of Reclaiming Collective Bargaining in Wisconsin AFSCME Local 502 President La Tonya Johnson moves one step closer to Assembly seat. (Blog)
- May 25 New Studies: Unions Boost Child Care Workers’ Training, Job Satisfaction Child care providers have better access to crucial professional development when they join a union. (Blog)
- Apr 13 California Child Care Providers Recognized for Service Community recognizes contributions of child care providers during Cesar Chavez Day festivities in Orange County. (Blog)
- Dec 16 AFSCME Says No to Big Apple Early Education Proposal DC 1707 fights back against plan that would reduce children's access to early learning programs and eliminate jobs. (Blog)