Next Wave is AFSCME members 35 and younger who are stepping up to be the next generation of leaders in our union.
We work on issues from student debt to politics to workplace safety.
AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders addresses the 2013 Next Wave Conference in Detroit.
AFSCME Sec.-Treas. Laura Reyes addresses the 2013 Next Wave Conference in Detroit.
Confronting Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and Detroit's Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr over their pension-slashing, anti-worker agenda was the objective of more than 600 young AFSCME members at the 2013 Next...
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder -- the man who signed a heinous right-to-work-for-less law and took away voters' rights with his emergency financial manager law -- calls himself "One Tough Nerd."...
Hundreds of activists joined in St. Louis to exchange ideas and strategies for building a stronger union.
- Feb 10 CT Member Wins National Award for Organizing Work For her efforts to build a union for 900 employees of two Connecticut hospitals, Jessica... (Blog)
- Nov 23 Providing Economic Security for All Generations With the election behind us, we need to make sure the incoming administration truly understands... (Blog)
- Jun 19 Next Wave Assembly Applies Street Heat Young AFSCME members gathered in St. Louis for the 3rd annual Next Wave Assembly, getting... (Blog)
- May 20 The Season’s Hottest Accessories: Tattoos, Vintage Boots… and a Union Card? The union movement is getting a lot of renewed attention these days, and not just... (Blog)
- Jan 26 Next Up: Young Unionists Leading the Way Rick Pospichal is one of the two newly elected members of the AFL-CIO’s Young Workers... (Blog)
- Mar 12 AFSCME’s Next Wavers Sign up New Members for Missouri Home Care Union Their recent efforts are part of AFSCME's “50,000 Stronger” campaign. (Blog)
- Oct 16 Young Workers Advocate for a Fair Living Wage In Washington State AFSCME Next Wavers inspired to act after Next Wave conference (Blog)
- Jul 23 AFSCME TV Showcases Next Wavers Taking it to the Streets in Detroit Conference goers stage demonstration against governor's anti-worker agenda (Blog)
- Jul 13 Next Wave Takes Over EM Office in Detroit Hundreds of AFSCME activists flood the office of Detroit’s Emergency Manager, clad in nerd gear.... (Blog)
- May 23 Register Now for the Cutting-Edge Next Wave Conference Registration is now open for the 2013 Next Wave Conference from July 12 - 14... (Blog)
- Feb 01 AFSCME's New and Young Members United in Demanding Jobs, Not Cuts Join a National Day of Action event to help end the budget showdown in Capitol... (Blog)
- Jan 25 Millennials Want to Protect Social Security and Medicare Tele-town hall will help young AFSCME members in the fight to protect vital programs. (Blog)