Egyptian Democracy Activist, Sarah Kamal, speaks with Wisconsin Labor Activist, Timothy Birkley (AFSCME Local 60), about democracy in Egypt and similar fights across the United States. The interview took place...
Secretary-Treasurer Lee Saunders and Reverend Al Sharpton address more than 500 new leaders at AFSCME's 2011 Next Wave Conference in Atlanta, Georgia on July 9, 2011.
More than 600 new and young AFSCME activists came together in Atlanta from July 8-10 for a crash-course on the corporate-funded, right-wing attacks on working families and their unions, and...
President Gerald W. McEntee addresses more than 600 new leaders at AFSCME's 2011 Next Wave Conference in Atlanta.
Date:Friday, July 12 - Sunday, July 14
Location:Marriott Detroit Renaissance Center
See complete coverage including presentations, blog posts, videos and a photo gallery from the conference.More »
- May 23 Register Now for the Cutting-Edge Next Wave Conference Registration is now open for the 2013 Next Wave Conference from July 12 - 14... (Blog)
- Feb 01 AFSCME's New and Young Members United in Demanding Jobs, Not Cuts Join a National Day of Action event to help end the budget showdown in Capitol... (Blog)
- Jan 25 Millennials Want to Protect Social Security and Medicare Tele-town hall will help young AFSCME members in the fight to protect vital programs. (Blog)
- Jul 26 AFSCME Members, Family Members Awarded Union Plus Scholarships Union Plus provides $150,000 to help students from union families achieve their dreams. (Blog)
- Jul 25 AFSCME Members in PA Make a Difference with Donation to USO Over $5,000 raised during the Council 13 convention for the USO’s United Through Reading program.... (Blog)
- May 22 College Students and Workers Coming Together in Main Street Movement AFSCME is engaging young people and developing young worker activists across the country. (Blog)
- Oct 05 Young Union Members Talk About Being ‘Next Up’ AFL-CIO event brings together over 800 young people to foster political activism and organizing. (Blog)
- Sep 08 “Next Up” Is Coming Up! Second annual AFL-CIO Next Up Young Workers Summit takes place Sept. 29 - Oct. 2.... (Blog)
- Jul 22 Madison Meets Cairo A conversation between Wisconsin labor activist Tim Birkley and Egyptian democracy activist Sarah Kamal. (Blog)
- Jul 11 AFSCME’s Next Wave of Young Leaders Energized to Confront Challenges More than 600 new and young AFSCME activists get a crash course on union power.... (Blog)
- Jul 10 AFL-CIO Sec.-Treas. Shuler Dives into the Next Wave National labor federation's youngest-ever elected officer addresses the next generation of AFSCME leaders. (Blog)
- Jul 09 Next Wavers Protest Georgia Immigration ‘Hate Law’ Labor, civil rights and immigration activists denounce HB 87 as an affront to human dignity.... (Blog)