AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders addresses the 2013 Next Wave Conference in Detroit.
AFSCME Sec.-Treas. Laura Reyes addresses the 2013 Next Wave Conference in Detroit.
Confronting Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and Detroit's Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr over their pension-slashing, anti-worker agenda was the objective of more than 600 young AFSCME members at the 2013 Next...
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder -- the man who signed a heinous right-to-work-for-less law and took away voters' rights with his emergency financial manager law -- calls himself "One Tough Nerd."...
Date:Friday, June 12 - Sunday, June 14
Location:St. Louis Hilton Hotel
St. Louis, MO
- Jan 26 Next Up: Young Unionists Leading the Way Rick Pospichal is one of the two newly elected members of the AFL-CIO’s Young Workers... (Blog)
- Mar 12 AFSCME’s Next Wavers Sign up New Members for Missouri Home Care Union Their recent efforts are part of AFSCME's “50,000 Stronger” campaign. (Blog)
- Oct 16 Young Workers Advocate for a Fair Living Wage In Washington State AFSCME Next Wavers inspired to act after Next Wave conference (Blog)
- Jul 23 AFSCME TV Showcases Next Wavers Taking it to the Streets in Detroit Conference goers stage demonstration against governor's anti-worker agenda (Blog)
- Jul 13 Next Wave Takes Over EM Office in Detroit Hundreds of AFSCME activists flood the office of Detroit’s Emergency Manager, clad in nerd gear.... (Blog)
- May 23 Register Now for the Cutting-Edge Next Wave Conference Registration is now open for the 2013 Next Wave Conference from July 12 - 14... (Blog)
- Feb 01 AFSCME's New and Young Members United in Demanding Jobs, Not Cuts Join a National Day of Action event to help end the budget showdown in Capitol... (Blog)
- Jan 25 Millennials Want to Protect Social Security and Medicare Tele-town hall will help young AFSCME members in the fight to protect vital programs. (Blog)
- Jul 26 AFSCME Members, Family Members Awarded Union Plus Scholarships Union Plus provides $150,000 to help students from union families achieve their dreams. (Blog)
- Jul 25 AFSCME Members in PA Make a Difference with Donation to USO Over $5,000 raised during the Council 13 convention for the USO’s United Through Reading program.... (Blog)
- May 22 College Students and Workers Coming Together in Main Street Movement AFSCME is engaging young people and developing young worker activists across the country. (Blog)
- Oct 05 Young Union Members Talk About Being ‘Next Up’ AFL-CIO event brings together over 800 young people to foster political activism and organizing. (Blog)