AFSCME Retirees join with Next Wavers — members age 35 and younger — to visit affiliates across the country and experience AFSCME through its history, activism, lobbying and organizing efforts....
Phyllis Zamarripa (CO Chapter 76), Howard Van Kleef (OH Chapter 1184) and Elvyss Arguetta, Local 88 (OR Council 75) get down on the Convention floor.
- Mar 05 Republicans revisit Medicare reform to cut spending Republicans are launching a new phase in their austerity campaign — resurrecting the plan to... (Los Angeles Times)
- Feb 21 Business owners urge Congress to take Medicare, Social Security cuts off the table 80 percent of business owners said they oppose proposals to save federal money by curbing... (Washington Post)
- Jan 25 Six in ten Americans oppose any cuts to Medicare and Social Security New poll finds most Americans would not be willing to see any reductions in Medicare,... (Kaiser Family Foundation/Robert Wood Johnson Foundation/Harvard School of Public Health)
- Aug 27 Preserving and Strengthening Medicare President Obama speaks about the critical need to strengthen and preserve Medicare for our seniors... (White House)
- Aug 24 How Much More Will the Romney-Ryan Medicare Plan Cost You? Romney and Ryan claim that no one over 55 will be affected by their plan.... (Center for American Progress)
- Aug 23 Patients Would Pay More if Romney Restores Medicare Savings, Analysts Say Restoring the $716 billion in Medicare savings would increase premiums and co-payments for beneficiaries by... (New York Times)
- Jul 20 Your Guide to "Ending Medicare As We Know It" If the Ryan plan were enacted, there would likely be many seniors who would have... (The American Prospect)
- Jul 18 AFSCME Member Discusses Retirement Security at White House New York AFSCME retiree Stuart Leibowitz served as a panelist at Monday’s White House Community... (AFSCME)