Hundreds of AFSCME retirees gathered in Las Vegas for the convention of the labor-supported Alliance for Retired Americans. They came to fight for retirement security for current and future retirees,...
Dolores Bresette, Rhode Island Retiree Chapter 94, speaks as part of a battleground program during AFSCME's 40th International Convention held in Los Angeles.
AFSCME Retirees join with Next Wavers — members age 35 and younger — to visit affiliates across the country and experience AFSCME through its history, activism, lobbying and organizing efforts....
Phyllis Zamarripa (CO Chapter 76), Howard Van Kleef (OH Chapter 1184) and Elvyss Arguetta, Local 88 (OR Council 75) get down on the Convention floor.
- Feb 17 The Financial Services Industry Doesn’t Want You to Care About This. We Do. Financial advisers should consider your best interests over their own, but the financial industry – and the Trump administration – have a different agenda. (Blog)
- Feb 15 We Must Be Vigilant on Health Care The Affordable Care Act, Medicare, and Medicaid are all at risk of being gutted. It’s up to us to protect them. (Blog)
- Feb 14 Paying the “Price” for New HHS Secretary AFSCME International president explains why older Americans are particularly vulnerable now that the Senate has confirmed Tom Price as the next secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. (Blog)
- Feb 09 Tom Price Is Bad for Your Health The man President Trump chose to oversee our nation’s health care system, Tom Price, believes tax cuts for the wealthy are more important than health and retirement security for working families. (Blog)
- Jan 25 Where’s Palin When You Need Her? As part of his plan to replace the Affordable Care Act, the Trump administration is floating an idea long popular with many Republican lawmakers to convert Medicaid into a block-grant program. (Blog)
- Jan 24 Trump’s Wrong Choice for OMB Trump’s choice to head the Office of Management and Budget wants to make huge, arbitrary cuts that will cost America jobs and could send our economy into a tailspin. (Blog)
- Jan 17 Tom Price Is Coming for Your Health Care Hearings start Wednesday for Donald Trump’s choice for Secretary of Health and Human Services, and we have some questions for him. (Blog)
- Jan 13 Let’s Not Forget: Obamacare Saves Lives The Affordable Care Act barred insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions and made it possible for 30 million people to get insured. (Blog)
- Jan 05 Public Services or Private Services? Trump’s Picks Favor Privatization All Around Donald Trump’s choices for his administration are ready to give the store away when they get into office, privatizing public services and even Social Security and Medicare. (Blog)
- Jan 04 Congress Poised to Act Against Working Families Worried about the new Congress? You should be. Congressional leaders have working families in their sights, and we all need to be prepared to fight back. (Blog)
- Dec 22 A One-Two Punch to the Average American The incoming Trump administration is getting ready to deliver a one-two punch to working families by undoing two Obama labor laws that would have put more money in our pockets. (Blog)
- Nov 23 Providing Economic Security for All Generations With the election behind us, we need to make sure the incoming administration truly understands the pressures working families face — and often, the intergenerational nature of those pressures. (Blog)
- Oct 14 Keeping Our Children Safe Keeping our children safe is job #1. Your free child ID kit should help your peace of mind. (Blog)
- Oct 03 Play “Feeding the Dragon” Recalls Life with Dad, a DC 37 Member The late George King Washington was New York City Public Library live-in custodian and a proud DC 37 member. Now he’s the subject of his daughter’s play. (Blog)
- Aug 05 Victory for Seniors: AARP Drops Membership in Right-Wing ALEC Good news! AARP Drops Membership in Right-Wing ALEC Group (Blog)
- Jul 18 AFSCME Retirees (Literally) Never Quit AFSCME Retirees nationwide converged in Las Vegas over the weekend for their 36th annual meeting. (Blog)